Default Knoxville late model nationals

First time making the trip to this event. Any recommendations for where to sit, camping and things to do while in town? Thanks for the information.

Check out the hospitality section of the Knoxville Raceway website for camping options (few nearby options). Dingus Lounge is across the street from the track if you're looking for a beverage and unique race themed establishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtfanjr View Post
    First time making the trip to this event. Any recommendations for where to sit, camping and things to do while in town? Thanks for the information.
    https://www.slidewayskartingcenter.com/

Reserved seating a row in front of the pillars is my choice. Aisle seats are nice. I typically sit past the flag stand going in to one more than coming out of 4 but that's just me.

Camp north of the track at the track camp site or the private one. The camp one is nicer but the party is better at the private.

Got to go to the Dingus after the races one night, second to none experience just in the viewing section.

Thanks for the responses. Is there any camping availability at the track?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtfanjr View Post
    Thanks for the responses. Is there any camping availability at the track?
    https://www.knoxvilleraceway.com/Hos...ty/Campgrounds

https://www.knoxvilleraceway.com/Eve...odel-nationals

If you go to Knoxville and don't take the 15 minute trip to Pella to the bakery, you will never forgive yourself. Go early in the morning since the line into the bakery forms quick. I am not exaggerating, it is the best bakery you will ever visit.

The times I have went we stayed in Pella. Pella is a beautiful little town with great bakeries, meat markets, and Dutch heritage. Windmills are all over the downtown area. Pella also has absolutely no real nightlife if you want to go somewhere for a while after the races. So, if you are camping, camp in Knoxville and make a stop at Dingus. But yes, take a spin to Pella for the baked goods. After I went the first time I brought a cooler for the stuff I got at the meat markets. They sell the best large size ring bologna for making bologna burgers and those places also sell some really good fresh deli style sandwiches.

I've sat pretty high in the grandstands between the flag stand and turn one. Never a bad view. Check out the sprint car museum and HOF. The BBQ place just north of there is good for a meal.

Wish I was going this year but I have a conflict. Probably next. I think you'll enjoy your experience. Knoxville is a great track for being so large and they know how to keep it prepped and racy.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.