Thread: Aero and Dad.

Default Aero and Dad.

Cool to see how proud bloomer is of his dad, no wonder he’s had aero figured out for so long…….also cool to see his love and respect for Randy Sweet, that was also nice to see the compound and all of the “ how it was made” background stuff….nice job flo.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Totally agree, great watch, best of the "Road to Eldora" series yet, although most of them have been really good. IMO, this one was produced almost as well as an ESPN 30 for 30. Not a Bloomquist fan or hater, but he has undeniably had a greater impact on dirt racing than almost anyone...ever. Great to see him in a laid back, calm, introspective mood and it's pretty easy to see he's at peace with life, regardless of what all of us think just by knowing the racer. I suspect what is shown in these 3 vignettes is the real Scott Bloomquist. But.......those.......pants.......

Marketing. Genius.
    2021 race count
    6 events

These Road to Eldora pieces are great.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnfan25 View Post
    Totally agree, great watch, best of the "Road to Eldora" series yet, although most of them have been really good. IMO, this one was produced almost as well as an ESPN 30 for 30. Not a Bloomquist fan or hater, but he has undeniably had a greater impact on dirt racing than almost anyone...ever. Great to see him in a laid back, calm, introspective mood and it's pretty easy to see he's at peace with life, regardless of what all of us think just by knowing the racer. I suspect what is shown in these 3 vignettes is the real Scott Bloomquist. But.......those.......pants.......
    I have pants very similar to those that I wear to bed in the winter

What I took away from it is that this dude thinks on a whole different level than most racers could comprehend... that wasnt that much of a shock to me though, honestly. What I was taken back by was how human he is, particularly when speaking about his dad and how much his dad saying he was proud of him. Most men, myself included, would say that is one moment in time that has meant alot to them. Its easy for me, even as a fan of his, to percieve him as being self absorbed and c0cky.
    I would have loved for them to have had his mom, dad, and/or Ariel on there also.. itd be kinda neat to pull the curtain back and see who they portray the real Dirt Trax Dominator to be. I do understand that maybe he nor they want to open their lives up to that extent tho.

I would assume this is how the whole "planet zero alien thing" came about?

https://mobile.twitter.com/FloRacing...31284940869636

Marketing. Genius.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Scott Bloomquist would never know me from any other race fan who comes over to bend his ear after a race, but every single time I've ever spoke to him he's been a real good guy to me. Maybe because I've always been polite to him but whether he's had a good race or even broke and fell out early he's always been really nice to me.

I've always appreciated that and after watching this series I can't wait to run into him again and tell him how much I enjoyed seeing this.

Ben Shelton did a very good job with asking some real good questions at some very opportune times. This was probably some of his best work as an interviewer.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

From the alien talk, airplanes, how he got started, fence he built, or why there are so many rainbows in Moorseburg I thought it was awesome. I think he plays the heel well and he's been very successful at it for a long period of time. Dude is an icon no matter what you think of him.
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Default Bloomquist

He’s the “Dude” Jeffrey Lebowski of dirt racing! Great interview!