Default Cherokee Speedway

Overton wins $40,000.

BIG SEXY does it again! He got it going on! Looks like it was a tire race as a lot of flats.

And they announced something about a 70 spec tire

Quote Originally Posted by Jim11h View Post
    And they announced something about a 70 spec tire
    They were mandated to run that on the rr. If you live down south, that tire gets broken out in limited late model racing on really high abrasion surfaces.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Bryson Harper had two flat tires. One on the pace laps before the race even started and another on lap 47.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Overton passed Davenport on the high side to take the lead, was the class of the field despite all the worn out tires : shows how good the car (and himself) really were.

Fix your surface if requires a 70rr and it's not holding up

The LSB 70 is not a great tire. It was the tire WoO mandated because of availability. Running that tire on the RR all night certainly added to the issue with the surface.

I will say that surface was not as bad as it sounds. The dumb guy who started on the outside front row of the crate race (ran after the WoO feature) put a 1600 on and found out a 1350 was plenty.

You almost talk like you know the dumb fella lol. I assumed all crates basically on the spec crate tires. More I learn the dumber I feel people in charge of dirt late model racing is

They are on Spec 1350 or Spec 1600

More I learn the dumber I feel people in charge of dirt late model racing is
    You may be on to something there...

You almost talk like you know the dumb fella lol. I assumed all crates basically on the spec crate tires. More I learn the dumber I feel people in charge of dirt late model racing is
    Unfortunately, a lot of the competitors don't even understand the sport. The people in charge listen to the people who are good drivers or people who throw a lot of cash around. Neither necessarily make you skilled at understanding physics or seeing thru marketing BS.

There are so many decisions based on poor optics or chasing ghosts. Data is not valued.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Unfortunately, a lot of the competitors don't even understand the sport. The people in charge listen to the people who are good drivers or people who throw a lot of cash around. Neither necessarily make you skilled at understanding physics or seeing thru marketing BS.There are so many decisions based on poor optics or chasing ghosts. Data is not valued.
    You are spot on! Scary thing is this applies to everything in life-we put way to much emphasis on 'status' versus looking at actual data. The big names get to influence the rules in racing; the big names also influence who runs our country....But back to Cherokee-good to see such a big crowd show up and support the event, place was packed!