Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wild West Shootout

Final night is now $25k to win. Up from $15k in previous years. Also additional pay increases throughout the field.

https://www.wildwestshootout.net/rio...ootout-finale/
    2021 race count
    6 events

NOT TRUE.... 2021 was 25K to win because Davenport won & got 10K bonus for a total of 35K for the Sunday win.

Yes it was $25k this year. But this ain't the last bit of news - stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by flagone View Post
    Yes it was $25k this year. But this ain't the last bit of news - stay tuned!
    Is it moving back to Arizona where it belongs??????? If that ain't the news, I don't care

I thought the lease was up with the state land the track is on and it was moving.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Exactly correct. Arizona Speedway closes for good at the end of this year. That state has sold the land. People have no idea the logistics and needs for an event like this. I don't understand the vitriol about it going to a temporary home. We didn't want to have to move it anywhere but we weren't given a choice. The race belongs where it can be handled best for everyone involved. We can't just throw it together at any track. Vado was the best available option for 2022.

Exactly correct. Arizona Speedway closes for good at the end of this year. That state has sold the land. People have no idea the logistics and needs for an event like this. I don't understand the vitriol about it going to a temporary home. We didn't want to have to move it anywhere but we weren't given a choice. The race belongs where it can be handled best for everyone involved. We can't just throw it together at any track. Vado was the best available option for 2022.
    Unfortunately Kelly, no other Arizona tracks were contacted about hosting the event. Besides, Vado will do great & the Jones family can recoup some of the money they have put into this event while sponsoring it when it was held in Arizona. You say temporary home but you know as well as I do unless there is some sweetheart deal made, it will never leave Vado. Good luck to the WWSO. Until it comes back to Arizona where it belongs, I will NOT attend or purchase PPV.

Because no current track in Arizona is available or suitable for this event on these dates. Conspiracies in this sport are just so weird to me. I am here telling you. CK has told everyone that asked. There is no big secret or hidden agendas. I mean lets think about it - since moving to the Phoenix area the event has been more successful than ever. So if there was a viable option that is where it would have gone. There are logistical issues and other needs that made the decision. This is a business and the event went where it could do the best for 2022. Maybe don't count your chickens before they hatch. Even Royal alluded in the press release to the fact that it was a temporary solution.

And if you are a Flo subscriber you have already bought the PPV.

Because no current track in Arizona is available or suitable for this event on these dates. Conspiracies in this sport are just so weird to me. I am here telling you. CK has told everyone that asked. There is no big secret or hidden agendas. I mean lets think about it - since moving to the Phoenix area the event has been more successful than ever. So if there was a viable option that is where it would have gone. There are logistical issues and other needs that made the decision. This is a business and the event went where it could do the best for 2022. Maybe don't count your chickens before they hatch. Even Royal alluded in the press release to the fact that it was a temporary solution. And if you are a Flo subscriber you have already bought the PPV.
    May have to rethink my subscription purchases from this point forward. Don't want to help you, Chris Kearns or anyone associated with the WWSO. WWSO started in Casa Grande, You are telling me they were NOT a viable option???? Good day
    Last edited by 0_VodooChild_0; 09-06-2021 at 06:02 PM.

I miss it not being @Arizona Speedway. Have a place to stay 15 miles away. Hopefully it goes back someday.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by 0_VodooChild_0 View Post
    May have to rethink my subscription purchases from this point forward. Don't want to help you, Chris Kearns or anyone associated with the WWSO. WWSO started in Casa Grande, You are telling me they were NOT a viable option???? Good day
    Man read the post. Casa was not a viable option. It started at CG. It has grown significantly and the facility just isn't capable of handling the event and its needs. Its not a slight to CG or an attempt to put them down, its just how it is.

Man read the post. Casa was not a viable option. It started at CG. It has grown significantly and the facility just isn't capable of handling the event and its needs. Its not a slight to CG or an attempt to put them down, its just how it is.
    Yep, read it perfectly. CK doesn't want to keep it in AZ anyway. He wants to cater to the teams to make it easier to get to Florida. I get it. I really do but I really hope it rains every night in 2022. Couldn't happen to greater bunches of guys(sarcasm).....

I don't have a knife in this fight but Voodoo man you need to grow up a little bit in my opinion. A business goes where they think they can best succeed. Sorry it isn't where you want it.

Yep, read it perfectly. CK doesn't want to keep it in AZ anyway. He wants to cater to the teams to make it easier to get to Florida. I get it. I really do but I really hope it rains every night in 2022. Couldn't happen to greater bunches of guys(sarcasm).....
    WRONG 100%! CK and every other member of the team wants it in Arizona so you obviously don't have any idea what you are talking about. I really like that you are a screen name to me and yet you know my name. But your thoughts are petty and unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by kipling View Post
    I don't have a knife in this fight but Voodoo man you need to grow up a little bit in my opinion. A business goes where they think they can best succeed. Sorry it isn't where you want it.
    I get it & you are entitled to your opinion. However, had they actually tried to make it work in Az, I could get behind it. They NEVER even made an attempt to keep it in Az. But it is all good. flagone is the race director for the event. Have to hassle him when I can. Have a great day.

Quote Originally Posted by kipling View Post
    Would throwing a bone to a sponsor not be a part of success? These winter deals are where die hards go to leave the cold at their home. They could have the race about anywhere and have similar attendance. Everyone knows that. I definitely think having it at Vado kinda takes the "racing vacation where you race and vacation" part of the story away.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

"Yep, read it perfectly. CK doesn't want to keep it in AZ anyway. He wants to cater to the teams to make it easier to get to Florida. I get it. I really do but I really hope it rains every night in 2022. Couldn't happen to greater bunches of guys(sarcasm)....."

Dude you have issues....while you are sitting at home in January doing nothing, I will be tuned into Flo for 6 nights of great racing entertainment at the STATE OF THE ART Vado Speedway. Sorry about your luck.

I get it & you are entitled to your opinion. However, had they actually tried to make it work in Az, I could get behind it. They NEVER even made an attempt to keep it in Az. But it is all good. flagone is the race director for the event. Have to hassle him when I can. Have a great day.
    Plenty of Douchebags on 4M.... But, you may be the gold medal winner.

Well done.

Yep, go ahead and screw yourself by unsubscribing to Flo/DOD because one event makes you unhappy. Makes sense to me...eye roll
    I live with fear, but sometimes she lets me race.