Thread: Billy Moyer

Default Billy Moyer

I have to say I’m a little disappointed in Billy Moyer. No he don’t have to race in the World 100 this weekend BUT it’s the 50th and he is the winningest driver of the event. They are honoring all the past winners. Purvis, Moore, and Swartz are gonna be there. Why won’t he come and receive the ovation and recognition he truly deserves? Did those 6 globes not mean anything to him? Do the fans not mean anything to him? He along with Scott will forever be the greatest drivers in the sport. He won’t be around for the 100th World 100. Sorry I just think it’s a shame. I guess he has his reasons.
    Darrell Goode

[url]wwww.facebook.com/goodeguitarlessons

He's still in the process of retiring so I could see him just wanting his space, thereby staying away. Those other guys you mention haven't raced in some time (at least that I'm aware of), so it's different for them. I also never considered Moyer to be the "caring" type. While I haven't followed his career closely (I was always a Bloomer fan), I don't recall him putting up and coming driver's in one of his cars, or even helping his kid much from what I've seen. But I sure have gained respect for him as he wound down his career. He was still a threat anywhere he showed up, against any field of cars.

Billy Moyer doesn’t owe anybody anything. If he wants to ride quietly off into the sunset, more power to him.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I have never been and never will be a Moyer fan myself but maybe he is like my father. He will not go to a race track to watch. If he was going to make the trip he would just assume be racing.

Josh Bayko>spot on.
    8/13/16

Man I hate to see him go but I guess it has to be I've seen him do some amazing things in a Latemodel oh well definitely one of the best ever for sure

he could drive back in the day but hes always been pretty arrogant, not surprising

riddle28 hes actually the exact opposite. One of the least arrogant people in racing. He's just not flashy and kinda quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    he could drive back in the day but hes always been pretty arrogant, not surprising
    I think he can still drive and I never got that he was very arrogant. He has kept steadily winning races, including two wins in a partial schedule this year. I am a little curious why you think his driving ability has diminished?

They said on the broadcast last night, that he had some business stuff to take care of this weekend and good chances he still races a little bit next year. As for Jr. he just had a kid thats why he isnt there.

Its weird, 3 nights of World 100 racing have gone on without a Moyer on the grounds.

As the 2 GOATS seem to be riding off to the sunset we are seeing some new possible GOATS showing their muscle. Its refreshing to see.

Now lets hope the deck gets knocked out of the Mystery Machine!

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    Its weird, 3 nights of World 100 racing have gone on without a Moyer on the grounds.

As the 2 GOATS seem to be riding off to the sunset we are seeing some new possible GOATS showing their muscle. Its refreshing to see.

Now lets hope the deck gets knocked out of the Mystery Machine!
    This here above is why the saying GOAT (Greatest of all Time) is a joke. Lol

Did he have another kid because the one now is like 3-4 yrs old
    2021 race count
    6 events

Yes, sounded like they just had another one recently.