Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Josh Richards?

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    I don't believe Josh and Steve are on good terms and Josh said at one time when he left Rocket1 he wanted to go out and do it on his own.
    Yea he left and went to the best ride. Won the title and went downhill from there. Along comes the CBR ride and they just can't seem to get on the same page. Yea it's been said it's the crewchief because boyer is not going to replace him. There's not a lot of teams out there looking that has the equipment and backing of that CBR ride. So what do you do ? Ride around like EPJ has in a garbage chassis program until it's possibly to late ? Does rocket team owners and sponsors say we want a car on both series ? I have a feeling he's the highest paid driver out on tour, if anyone is close I think it would be JD. Josh's stumbling block is Brandon Sheppard, he has done remarkable things in team blue and I don't see him leaving that seat anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    I may be wrong but Bowyer said JD wasn't much of a driver when they split.
    Which is funny because Davenport had been crushing it with Barry prior to taking the CBR ride. He leaves the black hole that is CBR and proceeds to kick ass ever since. Let’s get real: Bowyer is a marketable pretty boy with average at best driving talent. If he had a face like JD he’d be running a modified somewhere winning a couple small races a year. All his talented drivers have underachieved while there; only O’Neal won a title and it was on consistency. Bowyer’s late model outfit is the biggest underachiever in the sport.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Yea he left and went to the best ride. Won the title and went downhill from there. Along comes the CBR ride and they just can't seem to get on the same page. Yea it's been said it's the crewchief because boyer is not going to replace him. There's not a lot of teams out there looking that has the equipment and backing of that CBR ride. So what do you do ? Ride around like EPJ has in a garbage chassis program until it's possibly to late ? Does rocket team owners and sponsors say we want a car on both series ? I have a feeling he's the highest paid driver out on tour, if anyone is close I think it would be JD. Josh's stumbling block is Brandon Sheppard, he has done remarkable things in team blue and I don't see him leaving that seat anytime soon.
    Sheppard is the better driver; I don’t see why Mark would replace him even with Josh.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Mark has said in a couple different interviews that Brandon is the driver as long as he wants to be. If Josh was in a bad way and completely out of a ride, I’m sure Mark would make something happen for him.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I never considered the pay issue. If Josh is already being paid handsomely with zero results, why try harder? People rarely feel that hunger and fire when they are already taken care of and secure.

I believe Bowyer has changed chassis brands multiple times. He also has put very talented drivers in his cars. He has changed everything except the crew. Nothing he's changed has worked maybe it's time he looked at the people in the shop that are working for him calling the shots......
    Last edited by Hovlane; 09-12-2021 at 04:21 AM. Reason: spelling

Josh looks tired of it…….
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Default @bbq

Yeah, he’s never been Mr. Personality, but he does seem different these days.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I wonder when Sheppards kids get older if he would come back to race the family ride and race a schedule like what Pierce runs so, he could be closer to home more often

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I wonder when Sheppards kids get older if he would come back to race the family ride and race a schedule like what Pierce runs so, he could be closer to home more often
    Dont let booby read this! You'll scare the hell out of him... 🤓

Quote Originally Posted by Illstate32 View Post
    Dont let booby read this! You'll scare the hell out of him... 邏
    Oh I think Scooby can handle his own lol..................................

That IS fummy ! ! ...

😆

................ .

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    lol..................................
    This part, that is... ☝some more ! !

I can tell you, Josh is as frustrated as he has ever been. He didn’t forget how to drive and people forget how good he was.

Except for the Lucas Oil title Don O'Neal won, has the CBR team been consistently competitive at any point on the level that they should be? Everyone with that team has been a quality driver, so that doesn't seem to be the problem...