Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Josh Richards?

Richards was without a doubt a force when he drove the Rocket house car and remained on top of his game when he drove for Best racing, so it will be interesting to see if he can rebound if/when he leaves CBR. I suppose the money is better, but it can’t be enjoyable for a competitive driver accustomed to winning races and consistently running up front and being a contender to be relegated to mid-pack (or worse) at almost every track.

Josh barely won the Lucas title with Best in 2017.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    I may be wrong but Bowyer said JD wasn't much of a driver when they split.
    Boyer commenting on driving skills, lol….
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    I mean, when you drive for a living, you had better be looking for the best pay rate.
    Exactly. You need to get what you can, while you can. There is no pension.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

He did. He was kinda wrong, but Davenport is a much better driver now, than when he was in 2015, let alone back then.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Throttle masher with trickery and magic is what I seem to remember them saying…..all he will ever be they said.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

In 2008 before JD went to Bowyer, he was driving the BWRC house car. We were in Cowpens picking up a new car and Barry said JD is the most talented "driver" he ever had in his car, and if he learns how to "Race" he will be something to reckon with.

I guess you could say Barry saw something before others did.

You know I always wondered because its Clint Bowyer's team they dont bend the rules or cheat in anyway. CBR team has always been hit or miss

Man I noticed that last night as well. He was lapped going so slow, like a small budget team or something. maybe they are experimenting??

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    Josh barely won the Lucas title with Best in 2017.
    Is barely winning a national touring championship similar to a woman being slightly pregnant?

Quote Originally Posted by Action10 View Post
    Is barely winning a national touring championship similar to a woman being slightly pregnant?
    hhahahahahahahaha

Tmac and Bloomquist both blew tires with under 10 laps to go.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Bottom line is the record book says 2017 Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series Champion: Josh Richards. There are no astericks beside it denoting this or that for him being champion because someone else had a flat or blew an engine. He got the trophy and the check. As for this year, wow he is really struggling. I really hope they get it turned around and he finds his winning ways again soon.
    In order to be the man, you have to beat the man...

Tmac and Bloomquist both blew tires with under 10 laps to go.
    That happened in every points race the entire season? Sorry for making a joke of this, but come on...

Most wont believe this, but the missing link is......his DAD!

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    Lapped in 9 laps last night. Pitiful. 2 house cars coming, one for each tour?
    On second thought, after last night's house car performance, going there may not be desired anyway. With that said, I look for a much-better performance out of Shepherd the next 2 days.

I don't believe Josh and Steve are on good terms and Josh said at one time when he left Rocket1 he wanted to go out and do it on his own.
    2021 race count
    6 events

I don't believe Josh and Steve are on good terms and Josh said at one time when he left Rocket1 he wanted to go out and do it on his own.
    Yea he left and went to the best ride. Won the title and went downhill from there. Along comes the CBR ride and they just can't seem to get on the same page. Yea it's been said it's the crewchief because boyer is not going to replace him. There's not a lot of teams out there looking that has the equipment and backing of that CBR ride. So what do you do ? Ride around like EPJ has in a garbage chassis program until it's possibly to late ? Does rocket team owners and sponsors say we want a car on both series ? I have a feeling he's the highest paid driver out on tour, if anyone is close I think it would be JD. Josh's stumbling block is Brandon Sheppard, he has done remarkable things in team blue and I don't see him leaving that seat anytime soon.

Which is funny because Davenport had been crushing it with Barry prior to taking the CBR ride. He leaves the black hole that is CBR and proceeds to kick ass ever since. Let’s get real: Bowyer is a marketable pretty boy with average at best driving talent. If he had a face like JD he’d be running a modified somewhere winning a couple small races a year. All his talented drivers have underachieved while there; only O’Neal won a title and it was on consistency. Bowyer’s late model outfit is the biggest underachiever in the sport.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Yea he left and went to the best ride. Won the title and went downhill from there. Along comes the CBR ride and they just can't seem to get on the same page. Yea it's been said it's the crewchief because boyer is not going to replace him. There's not a lot of teams out there looking that has the equipment and backing of that CBR ride. So what do you do ? Ride around like EPJ has in a garbage chassis program until it's possibly to late ? Does rocket team owners and sponsors say we want a car on both series ? I have a feeling he's the highest paid driver out on tour, if anyone is close I think it would be JD. Josh's stumbling block is Brandon Sheppard, he has done remarkable things in team blue and I don't see him leaving that seat anytime soon.
    Sheppard is the better driver; I don’t see why Mark would replace him even with Josh.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...