Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hoosier Tire Problems at World 100

Was said last night that Hoosier will not have left front tires for the World 100. Also that starting tonight you can only get 2 tires as well and they will be out of tires come Friday and they might not have a shipment for Saturday. This might get interesting

Teams were well aware of this, which is why several teams bring their own and why fringe guys didn't come.

It’s seems completely irresponsible that Hoosier Tire Co wouldn’t have product for EVERYONE at the 50th World 100. The premiere event for dirt racing. So now it’s a tire war for the haves and have nots. How ridiculous, and such a shame for everyone including fans. Whom by the way pay the bills in the long run.

How is it Hoosier's fault when apparently the problem is getting the resources they need to build the tires?

Quote Originally Posted by nc mudcat View Post
    How is it Hoosier's fault when apparently the problem is getting the resources they need to build the tires?
    Fair question....but couldn’t you use what you rubber you did have to make sure there were tires for the World 100? Ya...maybe go karts midgets etc and such may have to go without for a week.... It just seems like bad planning on their part. Unless of course they are completely out of materials. Which I find hard to believe. But maybe so.

Unpopular opinion but should have only had one World 100 this year due to tire issue.

As I sit in my office currently dealing with supply chain issues, lack of raw materials, and complete lunacy in freight costs, I can tell you nobody probably feels worse about it than Hoosier.

Manufacturing is a sh!t show at the moment.

Imported containers of goods cost triple at a MINIMUM compared to Previous prices.
    Raw materials are limited and extremely high in cost
    Containers, chassis, and ships are at times impossible to secure
    If you get those you need labor to get them unloaded which is scarce
    You then need skilled labor to make them which is more scarce
    Then you need people to warehouse it, and load it
    Then you need trucks to actually show up on time to deliver it
    After all that you have to pray your customers have enough man power available to get it unloaded

Supply chain used to be a non issue and not really anything as a sales person that was a huge concern of mine. Now it takes up about 80% of my day.

When was the last time you went to the grocery store and they had everything you wanted? The chain is broken and will be for the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    As I sit in my office currently dealing with supply chain issues, lack of raw materials, and complete lunacy in freight costs, I can tell you nobody probably feels worse about it than Hoosier.

Manufacturing is a sh!t show at the moment.

Imported containers of goods cost triple at a MINIMUM compared to Previous prices.
    Raw materials are limited and extremely high in cost
    Containers, chassis, and ships are at times impossible to secure
    If you get those you need labor to get them unloaded which is scarce
    You then need skilled labor to make them which is more scarce
    Then you need people to warehouse it, and load it
    Then you need trucks to actually show up on time to deliver it
    After all that you have to pray your customers have enough man power available to get it unloaded

Supply chain used to be a non issue and not really anything as a sales person that was a huge concern of mine. Now it takes up about 80% of my day.

When was the last time you went to the grocery store and they had everything you wanted? The chain is broken and will be for the foreseeable future.
    Bingo! Well said. The average joe does not understand it.

B_K

Thank you
    Finally an intelligent answer. This forum is limited in that front.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

they even cancelled the CRATE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS FOR September 17 and 18 due to tires

Left front? I thought they were running 3 LM 20?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Lots of other races already been cancelled. In my NC area, several asphalt races gone, some fairly large, some weekly events. Fastrak cancelled several big ones, as one was already mentioned. I am at Eldora, and having a ball, but would have supported just one World 100.

I saw something last week that theirs like 43 container ships (most ever recorded) sitting off the coast of California waiting to unload. And that August jobs report? Brutal.

They really didn't need to run two Dreams and Two Worlds. They still ran replacement events for them last year even though there wasn't fans there. There's other Lucas and WoO events that they could've ran as two day events and not 3 day ones.
    Last edited by NeedforLM$peed; 09-09-2021 at 02:59 PM.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Seen the same. Taking much longer to unload the container ships due to lack of workforce to get it done.

I work for that company this based out of Akron. I can tell everyone that it is ALL tire manufacturers that can't produce enough to keep up with the demand. I tell people everyday, if you need tires for yourself, especially if it's 1 spacific tire, don't wait till the last minute. 6 months from now you may not find any. Passenger, light truck, and especially commercial truck tires in certain sizes and tread designs are not available. I miss sales every day because of it. It will get worse before it gets better. The good thing for Hoosier is 1 more month and racing season will slow down and they can slowly start to catch up a little. The other problem is pricing is going up with the demand. I wouldn't be shocked to see tires close to $200 to start off in 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    I saw something last week that theirs like 43 container ships (most ever recorded) sitting off the coast of California waiting to unload. And that August jobs report? Brutal.

They really didn't need to run two Dreams and Two Worlds. They still ran replacement events for them last year even though there wasn't fans there. There's other Lucas and WoO events that they could've ran as two day events and not 3 day ones.
    The replacement events were purposely not called the same name. There was no knowledge last year that we would be in such shape. I am glad the decision was made to carry on.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

A little farther down the food chain the Hoosier Dirt Bozz that is popular in our Pro Stock group is extremely limited in availability. Luckily, we aren't limited to one model or brand of tire but any of the others that work worth a d@mn aren't available either.

If you're looking for trailer tires about the only good one made in the U.S., Goodyear's Endurance, is impossible to find and the big dealers like Tire Rack say it will be March of 2022. Guess the plus is that if you can't get to the track you don't need the race tires either.

Quote Originally Posted by LM1 View Post
    Unpopular opinion but should have only had one World 100 this year due to tire issue.
    never thought of that but you are right.

Our pipe for utilities installation is crazy too. Sewer, storm, water, and the prices. We went from quarantine to full tilt ahead and everything is jacked up.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I live near a port where container ships are unloaded. It's a mess. They have no drivers to make deliveries, so in return they have no place to put containers. A friend was waiting on a shipment of windows, he was told there at the port but it may be up to 6 months before they can get delivery. STOP giving people money unless they work for it.