Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You are right dirt crazy…….it’s like leaving food out for stray cats…..of course they are going to keep coming for the free food instead of going out to find and work for it.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

There is a worldwide shortage of natural rubber.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Street tires in popular sizes are getting hard to get, too.

Apparently the rubber trees have been hit with a virus too.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    I live near a port where container ships are unloaded. It's a mess. They have no drivers to make deliveries, so in return they have no place to put containers. A friend was waiting on a shipment of windows, he was told there at the port but it may be up to 6 months before they can get delivery. STOP giving people money unless they work for it.
    Thank God that crap has stopped now. The extra $$$. So hopefully six months or so from now sh!t will iron out.

In my field, I haven’t heard of any staffing issues. Then again, we pay very well. But my wife, she is the boss, and can’t pay better till she gets enough staff to accept more kids, and it’s terrible for her. The incentives they are starting to put out to get people are very good. Even help with college.

The thing these people don’t get is you aren’t paying into SS, you aren’t contributing to a pension, or a 401k, like it’s not good long term. Why I always hated when I’m laid off for more than a month, that’s a vacation, any longer, it sucks.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Street tires in popular sizes are getting hard to get, too.

Apparently the rubber trees have been hit with a virus too.
    I’d heard that about street tires. Thank God I’m ok for now on our vehicles.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Larger industrial equipment and agricultural equipment tires are almost impossible to find in our area. I was told by a major Midwest supplier recently that the tires needed to re-tire a farm tractor and/or harvest equipment would not be available until March of 2022 at the earliest. It's safe to say ag and industrial tires are a much higher priority than dirt track racing tires.

Do they recycle old race tires or are they garbage when they're done?

^^^ That's an excellent point, if for nothing more than the environment. Used tires are a probem. You can dispose of them properly (at a tire ficility or something), but I would think any recycling would go into other sources, like asphalt (I'm only guessing) or the rubber used in artificial turf. Some tracks will hunt you down anymore if you leave tires there, and others actually have somewhere to leave them. Wouldn't it be cool if Hoosier took the old ones and did something with them? Of course that would just rise costs somewhere else.

I had to look it up. The vulcanization process makes it tough to recycle but it's not impossible. If they can make the oil sands profitable I'm sure they could find a way to recycle tires.

Just saw an article that there is now 63 container ships sitting off the coast of California now waiting to unload.
    2021 race count
    6 events

That's why I refused from Hoosier in favor to big o tires . They seemed a bit irresponsible for me, meanwhile the prices for their services are not cheap at all.

If gas and diesel keep going up, who needs tires?
    -------------------------
    See you down the road!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    Bingo! Well said. The average joe does not understand it.
    I'm an average "Joe" and I understand perfectly

Come west where $6 regular gas is the new normal. Diesel around $6.45. Can we get to $7? Don't bet against it.