Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default No more 4 wheelers at eldora

Yesterday at the Drivers meeting it was told there will be no more 4 wheelers allowed at Eldora. Thanks Bobby Pierce. Also this will hurt the guys in the upper pits.

Like making pizza burgers illegal there because some drunken idiot dropped one on an officials wife……dumb, dumb,dumb.

Guess the guys just bring the tires , tools and jacks down to the hot pits strapped to their backs?

Surely there is a little more to this ruling than just no 4 wheelers in the pits.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

It wasn’t Bobby’s fault btw……….it never is.

The teams in the upper pits were told they can use four wheelers to get equipment to the infield then they have to park them

Thank you, figured it had to be something like that…….there’s one team of jackasses that out to be made to just get a pack mule…..let the rest of the responsible adults continue to use the 4 wheelers.

Typical “a few ruin it for everyone” situation.
    I hate time trials.

But it wasn’t their fault.

We would unload our quad, back up to the fence, and never touch it the rest of the weekend. Not taking up for pierce at, a lot of teams do not even use their quads for nothing other than something to stand on to see over the billboards on the front straight.

Guess what, same people will show up with our without 4 wheelers. Eldora will have one less headache to deal with and the insurance company will be pleased. I get it, manage an event like this and you would understand...

Oh i didnt know it was Bobby driving the four wheeler in his sleep

It will be interesting to see if the Eldora 4-wheeler ban extends to racecars without starters and clutches.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    It will be interesting to see if the Eldora 4-wheeler ban extends to racecars without starters and clutches.
    Sounds dangerous. I wouldn't run those at all.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

From what I was told the sprint cars will be allowed to have them since they do not have starters or clutches. Also was told if anyone has a problem to take it up with Bobby Pierce and I was told that they also had problems with another team at the Dream as well. Makes ya wonder. I was told the days of 4 wheelers are over except for sprint cars

Earl is rolling over in his grave. What is happening here is what is wrong with late model dirt track racing. The people making the decisions on this and other rules are clueless. They are as dumb as a box of rocks. Who in the blank is making these decisions? You can either like or dislike Bobby Pierce. You don't DQ a driver over something as silly as this. Especially the biggest race of the year. What would have Earl done? He would have impounded the 4 wheeler and banned the driver of the machine from the grounds not DQ the driver. Earl had common sense. Earl would have never had an invitation only race. IE the Dream. He also would have fought like hell to keep the track running in 2020. Tony Stewart has become a corporate woke wimp.

Earl also made very questionable calls. Here are examples. 1. Larry Moore showed up at the World 100 and was first in line. When the pits opened his team moved 12 inches and had their front tires of their hauler on the asphalt it mad Earl mad since he had not given them the go ahead to move so he made them get out of line and park until all cars had come in for the event that day. 2. During an event in 1976 he had a driver clubbed by one of his security guards when the driver came up and complained about a bad call. 3. Earl cut purses when the fans in the stands were not to his liking thus drivers threatened to burn the track down a few times. So these are just a few stories.

Quote Originally Posted by misguided1 View Post
    Earl is rolling over in his grave. What is happening here is what is wrong with late model dirt track racing. The people making the decisions on this and other rules are clueless. They are as dumb as a box of rocks. Who in the blank is making these decisions? You can either like or dislike Bobby Pierce. You don't DQ a driver over something as silly as this. Especially the biggest race of the year. What would have Earl done? He would have impounded the 4 wheeler and banned the driver of the machine from the grounds not DQ the driver. Earl had common sense. Earl would have never had an invitation only race. IE the Dream. He also would have fought like hell to keep the track running in 2020. Tony Stewart has become a corporate woke wimp.
    Banning 4 wheelers is what's wrong with Dirt Late Model racing? It's not the out of control costs?

Rules are rules. The same rules apply whether it's a national tour, regional tour or individual track.

Not sure what your referring to as invitational race. The Dream isn't an invitational race.

Not only are you misguided1 but also misinformed1.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Come on people bobby owned and accepted that it was one of his former crew members and he lives with but he knows the rules. Now as far as banning four wheelers I do think that is going a bit far and I do think we will see this rule reversed

Knee jerk because of a few jerks……..makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    Come on people bobby owned and accepted that it was one of his former crew members and he lives with but he knows the rules. Now as far as banning four wheelers I do think that is going a bit far and I do think we will see this rule reversed
    He danced around it like it was the mirror ball trophy……….oh no, I was asleep wasn’t me….it was just 1 singular crew member, wasn’t me I was sleeping.

Say what you want…..he needs to accept responsibility for his team and surround himself with more solid people or the excuses…drunken shirt burning…knocking cars off of jack stands with 4 wheelers…parents running out onto tracks…..crew members and family fighting like silver back gorillas in Arizona etc. is just going to continue.
    Maybe that’s what Bobby needs to motivate himself, I don’t know but it just seems foolish to keep swimming against the current so hard.

It’s super cool they do it as a family and it’s definitely them against the world mentality , but at some point you look at your family and idiot crew members and yourself.

It just can’t always be everyone else’s fault….nobody is that unlucky.

Common logic would dictate that this was the last straw in a series of incidents. I have no idea if that it true but a piece of equipment utilized by nearly every dirt late model team is banned the reason had to be cumulative offenses over a period of time. The potential exposure to liability and the resulting litigation that goes with it must have gone beyond the tipping point.

It's safe to assume Stewart doesn't want to see the inside of a courtroom for civil litigation involving serious injury or death ever again.