Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Eldora is not the first track to put restrictions on the use of four wheelers. Other big events have done so before Eldora. You ever try to get some sleep at a track when the four wheelers are buzzing around the pits until 6am ? I can tell you it is not a joy.

All tracks should ban 4 wheelers, pit bikes, utvs. Can't you fatties just walk?

If you want to get their attention I say give the teams a 1 year suspension if caught on 4-wheelers, side by sides or golf karts a 1/2 hour after the races are over.

Quote Originally Posted by misguided1 View Post
    Earl is rolling over in his grave. What is happening here is what is wrong with late model dirt track racing. The people making the decisions on this and other rules are clueless. They are as dumb as a box of rocks. Who in the blank is making these decisions? You can either like or dislike Bobby Pierce. You don't DQ a driver over something as silly as this. Especially the biggest race of the year. What would have Earl done? He would have impounded the 4 wheeler and banned the driver of the machine from the grounds not DQ the driver. Earl had common sense. Earl would have never had an invitation only race. IE the Dream. He also would have fought like hell to keep the track running in 2020. Tony Stewart has become a corporate woke wimp.
    Lol. Yep, that’s it. Nope, Tony is being smart. He sees the writing on the wall. And none of us know what this idiot with Pierce did. It must have been pretty bad for the Pierce’s of all people to accept it and move on.

Rules are rules. You are with a driver, he is responsible for you, so if you are a moron, and fight etc, he pays the price. Very good incentive to leave the idiots elsewhere.

Earl made some crappy petty calls. Cracks me up, back in my day, wtf ever. No matter the era, stupid decisions are made by us all, no one is perfect. But this was the right move.

And golf carts are in the same boat I hope.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Getting dinged for ATV shenanigans is nothing new.

We were out at Perris, CA for the Oval Nationals in November of, '02 or '03 when the Saturday night finale' got rained out. We hung around the pits for an hour or so after they'd called the race and rescheduled for the following night. Ricky Gaunt and another driver whose name escapes me went out on the track, which was pretty muddy by that time, and did a couple of hot laps on 4 wheelers. I believe Don Kazarian was the promoter at that time and still is. He had the two teams load up and leave the property despite the fact that they were both qualified and locked in to start in the A-main finale' the following night. The Ovals is one of the biggest shows on the west coast.
    Last edited by CIRF; 09-11-2021 at 10:02 AM.

Does anyone remember the early days of camping at eldora ? Guys would dump there water tanks so we could get 2 vehicles backed up to one another someone would climb down in that mud and slime to hookk the chains up. All hell would break loose, beer cans flew and people would jump on a vehicle for weight to help one win over the other. Sh*t the night was over at the Crack of dawn. Ya it is a rule and I do understand why. But don't act like this is something that doesn't go on at tracks and sporting events everywhere. If you don't want to see or have some fun take your A** and little Johnnie to the hotel and go sit by the pool. Because what you may see at eldora and many other tracks may make little Johnnie want to jack off

They, along with golf carts, pit bikes, etc., should be limited at a lot of tracks.

You really dont need ATVS unless your a sprintcar. I say dont allow them and if people are upset screw them

Scales, fummy tires, atv's.......what fiasco is next?

Officials sending wrong cars to scales........oh wait!

Good one zero