Default Big USAC Double Header @ Huset's!!

This weekend Huset's Speedway is host to one of the biggest USAC National Sprint Car/National Midget events ever. Including the sprint cars and midgets for a multi-night show is rare outside of the 4 Crown Nationals at Eldora.

We've never seen Huset's and we're stoked to see the place and watch some big time racing!
    It's a 8 hour trip one way for us but the facility already looks as if it was worth every minute. The racing should be great with over $200,000.00 up for grabs for the total event. We've been to South Dakota but have never attended a race in this state. Lookin' forward to it!

Hope this event catches on and becomes an annual!

Almost time to go racin'!!!
    Last edited by CIRF; 09-10-2021 at 03:22 PM.

Congrats to Thomas Meseraull for his USAC National Midget victory on the first night of racing at Huset's!! The midget portion of the event featured some highly entertaining racing. As usual T-Mez's winner's interview was almost as entertaining as the race itself!!

After winning the midget A-main Meseraull ran second to Tanner Thorson in the USAC National Sprint Car A-main. Thorson had everyone covered.

This Huset's racetrack and facilities is first class. Very glad we made the long trip up to South Dakota. Got a feeling the racing is only going to get better as the weekend progresses!!

CIRF,

Nice job making the trip. Got all the USAC heavy hitters there for a great weekend. Several other comments about how beautiful the facility is. Love to visit this track and make a sight seeing vacation around it.

Is the crowd better tonight, Sat night? Saw photos from Fri night and it did not look like the locals supported the first night.

Have fun.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Clod View Post
    CIRF,

Nice job making the trip. Got all the USAC heavy hitters there for a great weekend. Several other comments about how beautiful the facility is. Love to visit this track and make a sight seeing vacation around it.

Is the crowd better tonight, Sat night? Saw photos from Fri night and it did not look like the locals supported the first night.

Have fun.....
    DC, just got back to the camper. Another awesome night of racing. In case you didn't watch the live broadcast there were some feelings hurt and some equipment bent up during the sprint car feature. If you watched you know and if you didn't you'll want to watch the replay.

The crowd was noticeably better tonight compared to last night. That's not to say that the place was standing room only but it was better. The Friday night crowd was substantially thinner than any in our group had anticipated. We could easily have gotten good tickets at the front gate for Friday and probably tonight, as well. The place holds something like 8,000 plus so if it's less than 1/2 full it looks empty. Even if there's 3 or 4 thousand in seats it looks rather empty.

I can't gush enough regarding the facilities. They are world class, and the track prep has been superb both nights. I hope they have a good track prep plan for the 100 lap midget and the 40 lap sprint car tomorrow. If it rubbers over it will become a choo-choo.

As I said earlier, the trip up here was worth every penny and every minute spent to get here and back. If they have this deal again next year we'll be there with bells on!!
    Last edited by CIRF; 09-12-2021 at 12:03 PM.

What great weather we've had up here for a weekend of racing!! A slight chance of rain today and it's going to get just a bit brisk tonight but that may be a good thing! Until now we've only witnessed two 100 lap dirt open wheel race other than a Silver Crown show. Those were the 2002 Oval Nationals and the 2012 98 (call me a liar for 2 laps if ya' wanna') lap Turkey Night Grand Prix both held at Perris Auto Speedway.

The topography and natural sightseeing attractions in South Dakota are spectacular. I would highly recommend anyone who loves racing and enjoys incredible natural sights to make the trip up to this part of the country. Huset's is world class and the natural sights are beyond belief, especially for an Illinois flatlander!
    Last edited by CIRF; 09-12-2021 at 12:03 PM.

Watching the race tonight on Flo, such a nice looking track, nice dirt too, crowd looks grim, stout field of racers. Looking forward to the features.

LMM

CIRF,

Yes, I did watch the sprint car feature. Definitely calamity city! Ill timed spin and a bad slide job sure made for some hard feelings. At least Thorson owned up to it post race. Just hard racing. FLO did an awesome job covering all the races.

You're right....what a beautiful facility. The grounds look amazing. The track looks like the perfect size and banking. They can really diamond off the corners. Love the scoreboard and big screen. Lighting looks like daytime. Nice pre-race ceremonies. FLO coverage looks great from Indy tonight. 100 laps.....wow!

Glad to hear the crowd is better. I'll be ready for some Circle City sprint car action this Friday night. Hard to believe the season is winding down. Huset's and some sight seeing looks like a great future road trip. Have a safe ride home.

CIRF,

Yes, I did watch the sprint car feature. Definitely calamity city! Ill timed spin and a bad slide job sure made for some hard feelings. At least Thorson owned up to it post race. Just hard racing. FLO did an awesome job covering all the races.

You're right....what a beautiful facility. The grounds look amazing. The track looks like the perfect size and banking. They can really diamond off the corners. Love the scoreboard and big screen. Lighting looks like daytime. Nice pre-race ceremonies. FLO coverage looks great from Indy tonight. 100 laps.....wow!

Glad to hear the crowd is better. I'll be ready for some Circle City sprint car action this Friday night. Hard to believe the season is winding down. Huset's and some sight seeing looks like a great future road trip. Have a safe ride home.
    Thanks DC.

The Sunday night crowd was about the same size as Saturday night. I wasn't aware that Sunday night has been their regular night. I would be remiss to even speculate as to the number of spectators in the stands. Really hope Mr. Wood made a few bucks on this deal and schedules it again next year. This event is a destination for many of us given the tourist attractions in the area of the track. With all 3 dates being night shows it gave us most of the day to look around the area and see what there is to see.

The racing surface is stellar and it held up very nicely for the full 140 laps of competition on Sunday night. The track size seems to be a very good compromise for both the midgets and sprint cars. Short enough to make the midgets very entertaining but long enough to allow the sprint cars to stretch their legs a bit.

I didn't speak with anyone who was disappointed that they made the effort to attend. I firmly believe this event can pick up steam and be a highlight of both the midget and sprint car schedules. Let's hope my belief's are correct!!

CIRF,

I'll be ready for some Circle City sprint car action this Friday night. Hard to believe the season is winding down. Huset's and some sight seeing looks like a great future road trip. Have a safe ride home.
    We desperately want to attend a USAC event at Circle City but this coming weekend is not going to work due to business obligations. Have heard nothing but good about the place and will be anxious to watch the replay on Flo.

You folks over in The Hoosier State have it made with all the great places to attend wingless sprint car and midget racing like Bloomington, Kokomo, Haubstadt, Terre Haute, Gas City, Circle City, Lincoln Park. About all we have in Illinois for dirt open wheel racing is Jacksonville on a semi regular basis and once a year both mile dirt tracks. You Indiana people can attend great racing at least 3 nights a week.

Here in Illinois we have Fairbury for the best dirt late model racing in the country week-in, week-out and we love the place but many of us like some variety on a regular basis. Other than J-ville, dirt open wheel racing is almost non-existent. Macon runs the POWRi midgets several times a year but the 5 or 6 support classes keeps those from being all that attractive to attend.