Thread: Jumping starts

Default Jumping starts

I was watching the Eldora Million for sprints and they were calling back so many starts and it had me thinking why the LM world rarely does it. Almost every start you see tour regulars swinging way outside or diving below cars when they are a row or two back.

Cause it might be our only chance to see some passing depending on where they are racing at?

Joking of course, well..kind of.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgs153 View Post
    Cause it might be our only chance to see some passing depending on where they are racing at?

Joking of course, well..kind of.
    You mean like you kind of mean it but, yeah you really do mean it lol.........

There was a time when Owens uses to brake check the field on the race start and leave the field like a bat out of hell. You have to start in front to do this though.

Of course others do the same thing also.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

I agree they need to call back starts n restarts like the million an have the scoring loop clearly marked an get rid of Delaware file restarts an no signing aka popsicle sticks. That would improve the racing for the fans much better imo

I really think the solution is to go back to how tracks used to do restarts. The leader starts in 3 & 4, and when he goes, it's on. No restart zones or flagging or anything like that. F1 does it, and it seems to work good for them. I think to add a little strategy, you have a mark off turn 2, and the leader is free to start from that point on. HAT used to actually have the restart cone on the backstretch for a bit.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    I was watching the Eldora Million for sprints and they were calling back so many starts and it had me thinking why the LM world rarely does it. Almost every start you see tour regulars swinging way outside or diving below cars when they are a row or two back.
    What was the deal with Mason Ziegler at the World ? Something that might have happened to give an unfair advantage ?