Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 102 at eldora....

so much for the doomsayers predictions of a small field. i truly love the folks on here who are always saying the end is near for __________. you guys crack me up!

Doesn't seem that hot.

I love the folks on here that get all giddy about car counts. What feelgood drama it is.
    8/13/16

102 is less than half of glory days.

Is it supposed to be as hot there tomorrow?

“The glory days” had A LOT of drivers there with (2) cars entered

^^^^^people forget that. New cars was the normal thing to do going into the world 100. Trick cars were brought by many to see if they had an edge. I remember combs and richards always brought 2 cars and you bet one of them was all tracked out. Anyone remember the car that had the direct drive.

I’d rather see 70 very competitive cars in the pit than three hundred cars but only a handful are fast.

The peak car count years were AFTER 2 cars were no longer allowed. A normal guy could still afford a car in 1998.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Thank you MB, you knew exactly what I was saying.

A local guy could afford to race the 1 night tire bill and more. Them guys on Friday night non qualifier were racing for more money than weekly night. I can recall solid cars in them features, randy boggs comes to mind. The air wasn't as important and the engineer wasn't needed. A chassis was $3500 bare. The racing was usually good and everyone had good time. You also could root your local on cause he was THERE. Now it's 20 bad fast cars and 80 fillers if that. Your local hotshoe stayed home cause his budget wasn't 3 sets tires, 3 nights pit pass, 3 nights fuel, 3 nights laps on equipment, etc etc etc........

if i remember right, eldora when they was getting all those cars, there was no pre entry cost

97 out of 102 cars with HORRIBLE on throttle push from entry to exit. What has changed over last few months that has made the cars so tight on throttle? Can't be aero when car is on track by itself. Can it?

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS View Post
    Is it supposed to be as hot there tomorrow?
    It sounds as if it was a real " SCORTCHER " THERE ! !

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    97 out of 102 cars with HORRIBLE on throttle push from entry to exit. What has changed over last few months that has made the cars so tight on throttle? Can't be aero when car is on track by itself. Can it?
    They aren't used to running on traction or turning for that long. Turns last a while at Eldora. You cant just pitch it and go if tight.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    They aren't used to running on traction or turning for that long. Turns last a while at Eldora. You cant just pitch it and go if tight.
    Where does 5th coil position factor in? Maybe "unhook" the instant traction a bit? Which way to move for this, shock forward or take some preload off?

JJ of HTF just said screw the high line and started running bottom/middle. Won his heat but wasn't many great cars in it.

Where does 5th coil position factor in? Maybe "unhook" the instant traction a bit? Which way to move for this, shock forward or take some preload off?

JJ of HTF just said screw the high line and started running bottom/middle. Won his heat but wasn't many great cars in it.
    5th coil means very little when you aren't really out of the gas.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    It sounds as if it was a real " SCORTCHER " THERE ! !
    Yea, that #1 car of Mark's is melting them horns, down. Smirk

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    5th coil means very little when you aren't really out of the gas.
    I'll never believe having a 5 foot arm connected from diff to basically CoG LIFTING the whole chassis, has no effect. I can see how the bars, especially LH side, create traction that is transitory. Torque arm/5th coil NEVER quits producing chassis lift.

Keep being told 5th coil is now irrelevant. Don't believe that.

I'll never believe having a 5 foot arm connected from diff to basically CoG LIFTING the whole chassis, has no effect. I can see how the bars, especially LH side, create traction that is transitory. Torque arm/5th coil NEVER quits producing chassis lift.

Keep being told 5th coil is now irrelevant. Don't believe that.
    It's pretty far behind the cog, honestly. The lift starts to drop off pretty quick as acceleration drops off. It mostly redistributes load.

When you don't slow down much, thus don't speed up much, there isn't a lot happening there.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Not as many people running supers as there was in the past? Who's not there this weekend who could raise some dust? I can't think of a soul. The racing seems top notch and the program is very well run.