Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

We're one year away from people saying "XR1's make a good crate car"

Tonight's show was great. Watched all four nights on Flo and this one was the best race night.

The first three nights, most heat races were pretty predictable regarding who would transfer. There were not too many surprises in the heats. Tonight, the heat races were interesting at least.

Mike Marlar! What a drive tonight! Wrinkle the car pretty bad in a heat race, work their tails off, start 17th in a B main and transfer and then go from a 26th start to 2nd. Wow, that was cool to see.

Longhorn Chassis has Eldora figured out in a big way. That was evident in the Dream and also the World and not just because of Overton. To a little lesser degree it seems like Bloomquist cars do well at Eldora too. When you look at how well McDowell, Fergy, Hoffman (before engine failure), and even Winger in an unfamiliar car all ran, it says something for a Team Zero car at that track.

For Scott Bloomquist to put Nick Hoffman in his car was a smart move. Smarter than many other young and up and coming drivers.

These four days were not exactly stellar for other chassis brands. They all looked out to lunch against the Longhorn cars at Big E. Satterlee got a prelim win for Rocket but beyond that, what? When I watched other cars, none ever seemed to have the drive off the corners and bite like those Longhorns.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by davis2902 View Post
    Hadn't prepped track before feature all week. Had to do all they could do to keep Overton from winning.
    That is the dumbest statement ever. And on 4m that's really saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by davis2902 View Post
    Hadn't prepped track before feature all week. Had to do all they could do to keep Overton from winning.
    Looked like he was racing too hard with Johnny Scott for too long and after that his car was sliding some in the corners, would of been interesting to see his tires after the race compared to Davenport's.

Anyways Congratulations to JD and team on his 4th globe. Ties Bloomquist and Purvis with 4 and at only 37 years of age.

And that's why they race the race instead of giving the trophy before the race starts. Congrats to JD on his win.

Thought the whole thing was really good …the production was stellar, pre race and all the ancillary cool stuff going on, planes, horses the whole proud moment of honoring our own was great IMO.

Road to Eldora has to go on…..that’s part of it now….thanks y’all.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Can anyone confirm that Chris Nash made it home safely and without incident?

We were there. Super big crowd, Very well done show. Our only shock was that there weren’t more old timers for the Opening ceremonies. How can you not have Moyer, Purvis etc? Unless of course they couldn’t or didn’t want to come. Schwartz was there...dang were all getting old. Bloomquist was running off with it, and then poof....it was over. I don’t get it. Was hoping for the voodoo child to shock everybody, but the wife and I really had a good time. What a racetrack.

Am not a Bloomer fan but would have been great for DLM racing if he would have won or at least been in the mix late in the feature. Maybe I read too much into it but even in his heat race he didn’t look smooth the last few laps. And to that time he looked untouchable in that heat anyway. Dang Father Time, doesn't wait on anyone.
    I hate time trials.

I hate it that there is some negativity towards Overton and the year he's having. Seems like a genuinely good dude. I guess that's inevitable.
    He left with over 70k in winnings or so so he shouldn't be too hard on himself.

JD is for real. He spanked them when he got the lead. The device days are long past. He really is one of the best.
    Formerly 66#1

Saturday nights in September at eldora are good for jd!