Thread: RIP Billy Cagle

Default RIP Billy Cagle

Anyone who has raced in the south knows Billy, by far one of the nicest, most helpful people I have ever had the pleasure of being around. Truly a helpful, caring person and a huge loss to the racing community. Thank you Billy, our thoughts are with your friends and family...

is that the cagle that helped lil eddie gibbons?THAT GIBBONS WAS HELL OF A NICE GUY...

Yes…….. Rip Billy.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

well I HOPE THEY HAVE RACE CARS UP THERE THEY WILL HAVE SOME FUN AGAIN...

When traveling south for speedweeks we always detour through Manning and go by to pay our respects to little Ed at his grave……..one of the most humble men I’ve ever known at the racetrack.

One year early on after his death my daughter fashioned a zero and a seven out of some twigs and laid it on his headstone out of respect…..she doesn’t go anymore but we’ve done the same ever since.

Miss him a lot , I can guarantee you he and Billy are putting something fast together.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Very cool BBQ! I first saw Ed either at the DTWC or when he came to the midwest in the late 80's/early 90's. Raced alot with them after moving south, one of my hero's for sure. I don't keep trophies and such (not that I would have many anyway) but I do have one award on my shelf that means more than any win (presented to me by the family and crew, including Billy), Ed Gibbons Sportsmanship award- I have to stop typing now....

I saw him one night in silva nc that little track..We talked super nice guy ,He was a good guy, respectful and polite if you was a competitor or if a fan....