Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default World 100 Thoughts

Let me preface this by saying I was not at the track so I could obviously not be part of the crowd, feel and hear the sounds, of the unmuffled sweet sounding cars.

Watched all nights on Flo, however I just want to talk about last nights show. Thank you to Flo Racing, what a great service, James Essex, Dustin, Ben and Mike you did a professional and well done show. The camera work was real nice as well as the sound and graphics.

What a great and boisterous crowd that jammed the joint. The I love Eldora thing was outstanding, well done.

The opening ceremonies were also well done, respectful, moving, and classy. From the airplanes, the horses with flags, and a very well done, not butchered, or making their own Star Spangled Banner, it was great.

The drivers coming out with their state flags, good stuff. The program seemed to be well run, track got pretty good in my view. The pyrotechnics always add flavor and pageantry to the event. Really liked how the heat winners and so on were interviewed right off the scales. The drone footage added to the show.

The driver introductions I thought were well done, did anybody else feel the vibe when Bloomquist got the pole and when he was introduced, ya may not like him, I do, but that gave me the chills the ovation this guy received as one of the best ever in this form of racing.

The yellows that came out during this 100, in the past may have made some groan over the stoppage but in my view it made the race exciting. Dang those cars haul the mail and sound tremendous. Some great charges in the B and feature from the back.

Was anybody besides myself proud that they are a fan of this track and this form of racing? I was proud to be a Dirt Late Model fan, proud that "our" biggie that had so much interest and done right, a well produced event considering the massive and complex logistics.

Closing, others may dispute this, but I really believe that Eldora Speedway in those cornfields is the premier and undisputed number 1 dirt track......in the world. I have only been to this race once but the memories last a lifetime, just like last night did!

Late Model Mark
    Talladega Short Track Announcer

Good commentary Mark. Never been to Eldora but hard to dispute that it is the best in the land. Maybe not track prep, show management, etc. every single time but on balance nothing compares. Thought the FLO coverage including the special features they filmed in advance were great.
    I hate time trials.

Unbelievable efficiency in the program from start to finish. Some tracks could take some notes.
    8/13/16

Shocked at the lack of old timers for the introductions etc, but other than that....Very well run show. ...ran smooth and kept it rolling. We had a great time

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Unbelievable efficiency in the program from start to finish. Some tracks could take some notes.
    Totally agree!

Port Royal for all the good that goes on there, they sure know how to drag a show out unnecessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by ride height View Post
    Shocked at the lack of old timers for the introductions etc, but other than that....Very well run show. ...ran smooth and kept it rolling. We had a great time
    I remember going back to the 25th anny, they had several of the old guys there. I know we have lost several of the guys from the real early days, but it would have been cool to see guys like chub, schlieper, Purvis, Hartman, and mason there again. Purvis said he was coming in the road to eldora video they done.

Had a great time. Weather was perfect. The track conditions were probably the worst part of the whole week. Sat next to some die hard Terbo fans who in my opinion Boo’d Pierce and flipped him off just about every time he drove by were being extra boisterous due to me wearing Pierce swag. Of course I gave it right back to them. We each rooted for our driver and cheered when the other got passed or screwed up. We exchanged beers and had a great time. Some 4m members should take note…live and let live

Quote Originally Posted by Illstate32 View Post
    I'd still have that beer with ya, russ... 落
    For the record, I’m not Russ and I’d never have a beer with you. You are a cancer sir. A pathetic excuse for a human. Take the hint, you are a tool that belongs in a shed.

Quote Originally Posted by Illstate32 View Post
    So does this mean no beer, russ ? ? 
    I’m pretty sure not even coffee.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Default Lmm

Well said. I have the luxury of being 2 hours SE. Mostly just run I70.

I liked Bobby’s saying too, except the corniness part that he wasn’t old enough to understand the feelings on 9/12. Think he was a toddler.

And the way they direct traffic now, fantastic.

Truly one of the only races I make yearly, and for now I’ll keep going. The electricity is A+.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Gotta get my wife to Facebook stalk Jenson Ford and get one of his shirts. Somehow we missed him in the pits, then shirts are bad a$$.

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Gotta get my wife to Facebook stalk Jenson Ford and get one of his shirts. Somehow we missed him in the pits, then shirts are bad a$$.
    i wanted to see him get in. If he hadnt committed to the bottom every race out i think he wouldve saturday

The only thing with the World 100 that I cannot understand is the purse, I understand that the winners purse goes up by $1000 a year but after that it $ ucks with the amount of fans they get. If you compare it to the Knoxville Nationals which has maybe just a few thousand more in attendance, the biggest race of the year in late models should pay a lot better.
    Knoxville Nationals World 100
    5th $21000 $8750
    10th $16000 $5000
    24th $10000 $3100

Other than that the racing was great except for when the track locked down on Thursday and the broadcast on Flo was excellent.

track owners know the cars will show up so why pay out more than they want? thats just the way it is unfortunately

I know eldora has done complete double file restarts for many years now, but its hard to argue that it makes anything better. Quite a few big wrecks with tons of torn up equipment, not to mention the inconsistency officials made on who did and didnt jump restarts. I noticed on a lot of starts the whole 2nd row got a better start than the 2nd place man. Id trade double file for Delaware double file if it cuts down on all the restart wrecks.

Double file restarts creates passing that would not have happened in single file starts. If there are very many restarts a car can literally get to the front by passing a car or two or three every restart.

Also causing other unfornuate cars to lose positions they should not have.
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Quote Originally Posted by Switchback29A1 View Post
    I know eldora has done complete double file restarts for many years now, but its hard to argue that it makes anything better. Quite a few big wrecks with tons of torn up equipment, not to mention the inconsistency officials made on who did and didnt jump restarts. I noticed on a lot of starts the whole 2nd row got a better start than the 2nd place man. Id trade double file for Delaware double file if it cuts down on all the restart wrecks.
    Definitely agree. Do the Delaware restarts. And the 3&4 place guys gotta be gun shy, or they’ll get docked. So instead ya get ran over.

My question: Why did they change the giant globe trophy??

The winning trophies (50&51) did indeed look cool.

But, the traditional giant globe award, is what all the drivers seem to covet.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy 37 View Post
    My question: Why did they change the giant globe trophy??

The winning trophies (50&51) did indeed look cool.

But, the traditional giant globe award, is what all the drivers seem to covet.
    The actual globes was replaced in 19. I hated the one in 19, but i liked it more than the ones they gave away this time.

Its the WORLD 100 ! The trophy should be a globe.