Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have to agree with late model mark , this is defiantly the nicest and best run track i have ever been to , we had a ball , I was proud of my buddy , Jensen Ford for at least winning a heat race friday , and had it not been for a late caution in his heat sat , he might have made it in , any way , I was disappointed in my boy Jimmy O , if you would have told me he would not even make the world , I would have said you were crazy , I talked to his brother and I think there may be issues other than racing right now BUT IDK , any way I am beginning to wander if I am a jink because we all put 20 bucks in the pot and picked a driver , the driver that won or finished the farthest up the picker got the pot , well my man jimmy did not even make it so they let me buy back in , soooo I took ole bloomer being as he was on the poll , he tore out and it looked good , then about 9 laps in , you could hear his engine popping through the turns , they said it was a bad ignition box , oh well , there went another 20 , wild thing is , no one took JD , any way , met some new friends in the camp ground and overall had a great time , also so other than the incident with the security guard , I think the pierce clan behaved pretty well , and I think bobby drove a pretty clean race , this is my take ......

Great week. What are they going to do for an encore next year. Everyone is spoiled with two big shows. Tony might come up with something surprising, hope he does

Agree with everything OP! That place is no doubt the best. The only gripe I had is that they water the pits non stop all night for no reason. I slipped on the wet slime and kinda f&$ked my ankle up (fine now) and saw another guy slip as well. I guess its to keep the dust down, but the pits are paved........ Cant wait til next year!

Eldora just released some cool info behind the new trophies-

"Some of you noticed the new generation World 100 trophy presented last weekend and have asked about the changes. As you can see in the accompanying photos there have been several tweaks to the famed globed trophy throughout the event's history. In fact, the trophy presented for the first two years of the World 100 did not have a globe on them.
    In 2018, as the quality of trophy components lessened and with the 50th World 100 on the horizon, owner Tony Stewart tasked the Eldora team with developing trophies which could only be earned, not duplicated by any other speedway or trophy shop, and not counterfeited and sold online as souvenirs. The trophy had to pay homage to the event and its history, comprise memorable elements of previous generations of the trophy, while also modernizing the overall look and feel so it can be used as the official World 100 trophy for years to come.
    GOLDEN GLOBE GENERATION WORLD 100 TROPHY:
    * The globe returns back to the top of the trophy in the new version. The 50th received an extra bit of flair with a golden globe.
    * Like Atlas, the Titan from Greek mythology who held above him the heavens and the sky, the names of the previous Champions of the race adorn the uprights of each side of the trophy.
    * We honor Earl Baltes, the creator of the event, with a special plaque and quote at the trophy base, for the vision that are the roots of this great event.
    WORLD 100 GLOBED TROPHY STATS:
    * The trophy now stands 60" tall and weighs over 60 pounds.
    * It was handcrafted locally in nearby Celina, Ohio.
    * The wood on the trophy is from a poplar tree here on the property.
    * Fine clay powder from the track surface was mixed into the gold base coat.
    * Each of the World 100 trophies presented cost in excess of $6,000."