Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dohm dq?!?!

Default Dohm dq?!?!

Does anybody else think it was a bit excessive for what he done. I mean, he was just expressing his disgust in getting spun. Its not like he rammed the guy or anything. Can we not have emotion anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by denopolis23 View Post
    Does anybody else think it was a bit excessive for what he done. I mean, he was just expressing his disgust in getting spun. Its not like he rammed the guy or anything. Can we not have emotion anymore?
    This is always talked about in drivers meetings there at Eldora. The drivers where warned. The drivers that have raced there a good bit before should already know this.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

I’ll get the popcorn.

I like Zach Dohm and like the Pierce situation I give all credit to Eldora Speedway and their officials for enforcing the rules.

First he got hosed in the B main (“TOP 4 TRANSFER”) with Erb Now that.

I couldn't see from where I was sitting. Did he make contact?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

No one spun Dohm to begin with. Ferguson hit a hole in 3. Car was bouncing and drifted up into Dohm. Ferguson made contact with Dohm, but they both saved it and continued on. Ferguson lost a few positions. Next time by in 3, Dohm spun with no assistance from anyone. Chris was a couple positions back.

Quote Originally Posted by sa98 View Post
    No one spun Dohm to begin with. Ferguson hit a hole in 3. Car was bouncing and drifted up into Dohm. Ferguson made contact with Dohm, but they both saved it and continued on. Ferguson lost a few positions. Next time by in 3, Dohm spun with no assistance from anyone. Chris was a couple positions back.
    Agree that Dohm spun on his own. Fergy flat ran him over. There was no contributing factor that mattered.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Much worse happened all weekend and people didn't react the way Dohm did. There were plenty of times Ferguson could've drove thru someone all weekend and he never did. Hell, he could've went after Wenger after Thursday night. Ferguson drove it in there deep but there was nothing intentional about htting Dohm. We obviously don't agree on that, but it's okay. I don't believe for one second that the little bit Chris hit him, did the damage that they're claiming. And if it did on a brand new chassis, I think it'd be raising some concerns. Chris bent the sheet metal above the left front wheel which is open space, and Dohm raced perfectly for the next lap. Now, he's jumped on Ferguson's page threatening to take him out next time they race together. Two different types of racers there. Chris would never say or react that way to someone, even when he's got absolutely hosed before.
    Last edited by sa98; 09-13-2021 at 10:19 AM.

Much worse happened all weekend and people didn't react the way Dohm did. There were plenty of times Ferguson could've drove thru someone all weekend and he never did. Hell, he could've went after Wenger after Thursday night. Ferguson drove it in there deep but there was nothing intentional about it. We obviously don't agree on that, but it's okay. I don't believe for one second that the little bit Chris hit him, did the damage that they're claiming. And if it did on a brand new chassis, I think it'd be raising some concerns. Chris bent the sheet metal above the left front wheel which is open space, and Dohm raced perfectly for the next lap. Now, he's jumped on Ferguson's page threatening to take him out next time they race together. Two different types of racers there. Chris would never say or react that way to someone, even when he's got absolutely hosed before.
    I have no idea what they are claiming, but it was a hard hit.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

"Totaled front end. Messed up frame. Broken Rack. Fan into the radiator." If you watch the replay, the hit was significant enough to do some sheet metal damage, but Chris only hit that one specific area. He didnt go across the nose or anything after. At most, Chris's rear wheel hit Zack's front wheel. It was still perfectly fine handling enough that he recovered, continued to race, and it only was a concern once he spun and knew he wouldn't transfer. He also could manage to go and swerve all around and aim to hit Chris twice.

Somebody got some blinders on(98). Not an overwhelming fan of either, but Fergy hit Dohm hard, absolutely hard enough to jack stuff up. Dohm made one set of turns without wrecking(1&2), (3&4) don’t count, that’s where the contact was, next time into 3n4 it was all jacked up and he spun. He knew he was done, so he let Fergy know he wasn’t impressed. Especially since it was a new car.

But I’d rather them stick to their guns and DQ Dohm or whoever, than to let it go. Some of the start penalties I thought were way more judgmental.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Much worse happened all weekend and people didn't react the way Dohm did. There were plenty of times Ferguson could've drove thru someone all weekend and he never did. Hell, he could've went after Wenger after Thursday night. Ferguson drove it in there deep but there was nothing intentional about htting Dohm. We obviously don't agree on that, but it's okay. I don't believe for one second that the little bit Chris hit him, did the damage that they're claiming. And if it did on a brand new chassis, I think it'd be raising some concerns. Chris bent the sheet metal above the left front wheel which is open space, and Dohm raced perfectly for the next lap. Now, he's jumped on Ferguson's page threatening to take him out next time they race together. Two different types of racers there. Chris would never say or react that way to someone, even when he's got absolutely hosed before.
    why would chris have went after winger? he parked it in front of winger i dont blame him a bit. For a guy thats always saying their underfunded, hes hard on equipment

Didn't Moyer and Overton have a similar dust up a few yrs back and Moyer loaded up and left? Might've been during the Dream
    2021 race count
    6 events

It was a perfectly square hit on the LF going 120 mph. I’d say everything that bolts onto that corner of the car was bent. I watch Zack a lot and never hardly see him spin out on his own, so the car had to be pretty jacked up. Tough getting raced like that on the first lap of heat by a guy that claims to be so underfunded. Hell I think 4 cars finished that heat and Ferguson had a provisional. Bone-head move, no way around it

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    why would chris have went after winger? he parked it in front of winger i dont blame him a bit. For a guy thats always saying their underfunded, hes hard on equipment
    Totally agree. Winger gave Fergy plenty of time to get it going on that that move before he decided to help home get going. I’d done the exact same thing Winger did.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    Didn't Moyer and Overton have a similar dust up a few yrs back and Moyer loaded up and left? Might've been during the Dream
    If I remember correctly Moyer put Overton into the wall in turn 2, basically ending Overton's stint in the 116.

The only thing Dohm did wrong was he didn't make Fergy pay enough. Come on flatten his tire or something. Make it hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by manwplan View Post
    The only thing Dohm did wrong was he didn't make Fergy pay enough. Come on flatten his tire or something. Make it hurt.
    Might as well get your moneys worth, right?!?!?

If Zack thinks Fergy hit him hard, wait until Veronica finds out that he snuck in her purse and stole his b@lls before he posted on FB.