Thumbs up Colossal 100 returns to The Dirt Track at Charlotte in 2022

Colossal 100 returns to The Dirt Track at Charlotte in 2022

https://www.charlottemotorspeedway.c...152GoozzIbzCFE

IF THE LINK DOESN'T WORK FOR YOU HERE IS THE INFO.

In a short four-year span from 2006-2009, the Colossal 100 from the Dirt Track at Charlotte grew into a powerhouse Super Late Model crown jewel on the schedule of many top teams across the nation. Scott Bloomquist, Steve Francis and Earl Pearson Jr. were among the titans of dirt to find their way to victory lane. In 2022, the Colossal 100 returns in a big way, from May 8-14.

Officials from Charlotte Motor Speedway and XR Events have reached an agreement to revive the Colossal 100 and support it with a showcase of local grassroots classes, headlined by the Super Late Models, with a format similar to the XR Events promoted Bristol Dirt Nationals, Texas Dirt Nationals and the Duel in the Desert.

Complete details of the Colossal 100V will be released at a later date at www.racexr.com.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Are all these week long races really necessary. And why does this dude feel the need to schedule these races on top of Lucas races?

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Are all these week long races really necessary. And why does this dude feel the need to schedule these races on top of Lucas races?
    Yes to a promoter as its more revenue all around

yes because that is his direct competition its certainly not the WoO!

Everyone wants to the see the sport get bigger, be careful what you wish for!

I went to 2 Colossal 100’s. Enjoyed em. But if there’s gonna be a bunch of support classes I’m out, just like Bristol.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

He will eventually lose if he keeps scheduling races on top of Lucas Oil. That's my opinion.

Its Charlotte, so itll probably be 5,000 to win, 300 to start, 100 laps of wide open racing through holes....... but itll be in charlotte so people will knock the gates down to get in that place

Quote Originally Posted by Burke1118 View Post
    Its Charlotte, so itll probably be 5,000 to win, 300 to start, 100 laps of wide open racing through holes....... but itll be in charlotte so people will knock the gates down to get in that place
    The ones I went to were great and paid $50,000 to win.. so yea.. you are clueless.

The helmet they got in victory lane is bad ass…….hope that comes back with it.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    The ones I went to were great and paid $50,000 to win.. so yea.. you are clueless.
    They were great. And they scheduled them during a time of the year when not much else was going on with touring series.

This new event looks destined to fail in terms of quality LM's showing up, but apparently week long events using lower divisions to fund the LM purses is working or else they wouldn't continue to do it. More power to em I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    If it is 50g to win, and the track is anything other than a complete sh*thole, I will take my crow medium rare

Poultry and fowl should be done a little more than that……but I think he’s going to have to serve you some.
    That show will probably be good if not great.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I hope they do schedule on top of Lucas Oil. That way some local driver can win $50,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Waldo View Post
    I hope they do schedule on top of Lucas Oil. That way some local driver can win $50,000.
    Yes a lot of good drivers don't run Lucas schedule

Since when were national touring guys with the exception in recent years of Brandon Overton only allowed to win $50k races?
    2021 race count
    6 events

With all the extra classes it's nothing more than a back gate show for the promotors. The smith's and wheeler's see it and throw money at it. They could care less if it's scheduled against anyone. More reasons in 2022 you won't see Overton on tour, why should he, and I think you'll see more do the same. The dirt track at Charlotte has had a terrible surface the last 2 years, if they don't get that problem taken care of it won't be a good time for ahybody.