FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 14, 2021

Johnny Scott Bags First-Career Eldora Victory During World 100 Weekend
Scott Brothers Racing Prepares for Texas Dirt Nationals

LAS CRUCES, N.M. (09/14/21) – Johnny Scott claimed the biggest win of his young career on Wednesday night with a $10,000 triumph during the opening round of the 51st World 100 at Eldora Speedway.

Scott’s first triumph of 2021 came behind the wheel of his Rancho Milagro Racing No. 1st Mesilla Valley Transportation/ Longhorn Chassis/ Clements Racing Engines Super Late Model.

"This is crazy. It definitely exceeded my expectations for sure. Last time we came here to the double Dreams we didn't make either big race," Scott said in Thursday night’s Victory Lane, recounting his summer difficulties and crediting his crew during his season of part-time Late Model action. "It's been a long road, man. A couple of weeks ago I wanted to go back home. I was over it. These guys talked me into staying out and keep doing it.

“This is huge. If you ask anybody here in the pits, when you come here to Eldora, it a whole another animal. Honestly, I didn't think I was ever going to win here. So, this is unreal. I'm really at a loss for words."

Both Johnny and Stormy Scott were back behind the wheel of their Rancho Milagro Racing entries on Wednesday evening at Eldora Speedway (Rossburg, Ohio) as preliminary action kicked off for the 51st annual World 100.

With the massive 80-car field split into two groups, Johnny secured his spot into the A-Main with a second-place finish in his heat race while Stormy finished sixth. Stormy went on to pick up a 12-lap consolation victory before placing 18th in the main event.

Johnny led flag-to-flag in the 25-lap feature to capture his first win of the season and a $10,000 payday for his first-career Eldora Speedway victory. He finished ahead of Nick Hoffman, Brandon Sheppard, Bobby Pierce, and Jonathan Davenport.

On Thursday evening, Johnny was running fourth in his heat race, when he slowed with mechanical issues that eventually sidelined him for the remainder of the evening. Stormy followed up an eighth-place finish in his heat with a ninth-place outing in his B-Main as his night too came to an early end.

The following night as the 50th annual World 100 got underway, Johnny locked his spot into the $10,000-to-win preliminary feature with a third-place finish in his heat race, while Stormy grabbed the fifth-and-final transfer spot in his heat. In the night’s 25-lap features, Johnny finished 17th and Stormy placed 20th.

On Saturday evening, Johnny's convincing 20-lap heat race victory positioned him third on the starting grid for $53,000-to-win finale. Meanwhile, Stormy was collected in a tangle in his heat that brought a disappointing early end to his weekend.

In the mega finale, Johnny led laps 19-41 in the 100-lapper but tagged the wall on lap 61, ending his night.

For full results from these events, please visit www.EldoraSpeedway.com.

This Friday and Saturday, September 17-18 both Johnny and Stormy Scott will be in action at the Texas Dirt Nationals at The Dirt Track at Texas Motor Speedway. A $10,000 top prize is on the line for Friday night’s program, and a $50,000 winner’s check is up for grabs on Saturday evening.

Full event details are available at www.RaceXR.com .

Scott Brothers Racing would like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include Mesilla Valley Transportation, Rancho Milagro, Eagle Moon Farms, KBC Graphics, Top of the World Ranch, Longhorn Chassis, Impact Race Gear, Simpson Race Products, Fast Shafts, Allstar Performance, VP Racing Fuels and Lubricants, and MSR Mafia Marketing & PR Services.

For the latest information on Scott Brothers Racing, please visit their cyber home at www.ScottBrothersRacing.com .