Thread: Texas

Default Texas

Surprised the lost of talent that’s there but for $50k I guess there should be. Some guys from southeast are actually closer to Fort Worth than Knoxville which I didn’t think of either
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

Billy moyer is there

Great to see Cade Dillard get the prelim win!
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

They did not go deep enough in the talent pool for the tow money they paid out to attract drivers. It is a gimick series funded by Speedway Motorsports (or whatever Marcus Smith is calling SMI now). It is a made for streaming event, the last leg of the trio of events in Vegas will have even less talent.

33 Super Late Models there
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

What is people streaming this on?

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyD31 View Post
    What is people streaming this on?
    Are you asking which streaming service is carrying the TX race? If so, it's https://racexr.com.

TD thanks buddy

This race is 30 laps, for $50k?!?! Wow. Congrats Brandon Overton.

I saw it was 40 but I see on DoD race wire it says 30. 40 must've been a misprint.
    2021 race count
    6 events

From what ive seen, they have changed every thing but the purse this weekend while they were there. The laps were probably cut due to the tire wear.

Sh*t show is about right. They keep doing that nobody is going to show up.

Sounds like a disaster.

As I have said 1000 times when everyone mentions they want more big money races. Be careful what you wish for! Support those who support you. Too bad Knoxville just became another Lucas Oil race!

Anyone with common sense knew Texas was going to be a (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) show. Instead of running at a track/event that is tried and true some some chose the dumb option.

DWB,

Saturday’s finale was really entertaining. The Marlar/T Mac slugfest was incredible. Every time it looked like Marlar was going to pull away, TMac would close back up. Watching Marlar’s unconventional style (when he got the lead he didn’t just sit on the bottom like most would have, he kept switching up his lines, but somehow always found a way to pull back ahead) and watching them squeeze by lapped traffic was fun to watch.

If Knoxville continues to be entertaining year after year like it has been, I am just fine with it being “just another Lucas race.”

What y'all don't understand is OK/TX/LA area, you can get a dirt race pays 5K to win, and there's 500 people in the stands, the program is paid via back gate fees. Everywhere else its 5K people in the stands for 500 to win, same class. I don't need to wonder why 36 tracks have closed in TX/OK/LA in the last 15-20 years. And, this is TMS, they've been playing a game (along with USRA/USMTS) the last couple years, bunch of locals PISSED them off, and this is the consequences.

BTW, speaking of payout, any of you noticed what USMTS is paying out this year? Egads, there's a few people I can think of should drop out of LM's and tour USMTS. Not Strickler, 'cause he can't hang with them guys. He's tried. Neither could any UMP hotshoe I've ever seen (other than Jimmy Owens). Dunno why either.