Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It was 1.3 second. I just took a second look. I'm still baffled a guy would need much more than 600 HP in a mod with those tires and no spoiler.

We've run top 5 in SLM with no more than that.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

This has been a problem for a long time, sadly these are the end result of 2 top travel series with corporate sponsors who do more damage to the sport than good. shock packages, aero packages, wind tunnel tests, 50,000 plus dollar engines, racers buying new chassis every other week. When Overton won both Dreams, Davenports team went out and bought 2 brand new Longhorns, 99% of teams cant afford to do that. There are guys out there willing to spend a million to make a dime! Go to any track and you mainly see Davenport, Owens, Bloomer, Pierce and Tmac shirts, very seldom do you see local drivers shirts. Sadly people will spend 30 on a Bloomer shirt, but would'nt even think to buy a K-Rob or a Schlenk shirt for half that price. And only a fool thinks guys running crates would run super lates if they got rid of crates, those drivers are running street stocks or not running at all. Ive seen post for years from guys saying whats the big deal, my tracks count is still good completely oblivious to looming problems ahead. Lets be honest with the Aero packages/wind tunnel availability fewer and fewer drivers have a chance at tracks like Eldora. And lets be real, watching locals run good and win against top traveling series guys was the best thing about dirt late model racing, now the locals stay away when the top series come in! except for Florence, Jameson and Rice were always fun to watch against the high dollar spending touring series cars.

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    This has been a problem for a long time, sadly these are the end result of 2 top travel series with corporate sponsors who do more damage to the sport than good. shock packages, aero packages, wind tunnel tests, 50,000 plus dollar engines, racers buying new chassis every other week. When Overton won both Dreams, Davenports team went out and bought 2 brand new Longhorns, 99% of teams cant afford to do that. There are guys out there willing to spend a million to make a dime! Go to any track and you mainly see Davenport, Owens, Bloomer, Pierce and Tmac shirts, very seldom do you see local drivers shirts. Sadly people will spend 30 on a Bloomer shirt, but would'nt even think to buy a K-Rob or a Schlenk shirt for half that price. And only a fool thinks guys running crates would run super lates if they got rid of crates, those drivers are running street stocks or not running at all. Ive seen post for years from guys saying whats the big deal, my tracks count is still good completely oblivious to looming problems ahead. Lets be honest with the Aero packages/wind tunnel availability fewer and fewer drivers have a chance at tracks like Eldora. And lets be real, watching locals run good and win against top traveling series guys was the best thing about dirt late model racing, now the locals stay away when the top series come in! except for Florence, Jameson and Rice were always fun to watch against the high dollar spending touring series cars.
    I just laugh when guys spend untold dollars for a new brand of shock that's no better than what they just took off. Then you have guys putting their car in the wind tunnel straight, while it actually runs on the track with a bunch of yaw. Then guys spend $40k on an engine to run 40% throttle. You can't fix people who don't value their money. The sad part is they then quit because they think they couldn't spend enough. The fact is they failed to maximize what they had.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 09-20-2021 at 06:38 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Why would I buy a shirt of a driver I don't like. That's the reason I'm not buying it.
    2021 race count
    6 events

I understand NeedforLM. Im just trying to prove a point, people complain about local racing dying and wont even buy a shirt or 2 from a local driver to help fund his race team but has no problem buying a shirt at twice the cost of a big name driver, heck whats fun about that, having the same shirt 3,000 other people at the race are wearing!

This year for regular shows, Florence was hammer down around the top with no bottom at all. That limited the amount of teams that could afford to be competitive. Bring back a racy track for 2000 and 3000 and cars would have stayed

Mastersbilt-racer seems to be fine with the idea of just being a backmarker but how many racers want to put in the hours every week to just end up being in the way?

I agree Mcarter, a lot of people think its ok just showing up! You race to win or at least be competitive, its just about impossible to be competitive anymore without breaking the bank. Lucas and WOO could help a ton by tightening up on things, but you know that wont happen, the people destroying the sport are the corporate sponsors of both series. Sadly a good thing can only last so long.

Quote Originally Posted by mcarter815 View Post
    Mastersbilt-racer seems to be fine with the idea of just being a backmarker but how many racers want to put in the hours every week to just end up being in the way?
    I would say enough of them do.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    I would say enough of them do.
    If that were true, then tracks wouldn’t be dropping weekly supers and big shows wouldn’t be losing car counts.

I wouldn't show up to be a backmarker. You apparently have failed to understand anything I have said.

What I am saying is that people spend money blindly and think that is what it takes. When you outrun them and tell them what you have, they don't believe you because they just spend blindly. There is no scientific basis for spending most of the money they spend. There current equipment is capable of way more than they get from it, but they go spend more anyway.

If you spend an extra $100,000 and you go from running 8th to 7th on the track, you are a failure.

When you have no idea how to make the correct adjustments at the track, a new car won't help you. If you have no throttle control, a new car won't help you. If you are getting beat by a 2010 Mastersbilt with a truck engine, a new car won't help you. Save your money, get better, stay in the sport.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 09-21-2021 at 07:49 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

The 90 car CnB was down on? I had never seen the guy until recently. He may be just getting started. If he is, a new car probably wouldn't help him much either, if his is set where it drives well. His speed may have nothing to do with how new the car doesn't look. You have to start somewhere. Why waste it when it won't help?

Now that said, I know that a 2020 body is 0.3 sec faster than a 2014 body, at Atomic. Thanks rule makers.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 09-21-2021 at 08:39 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by bgood14 View Post
    the problem started when latemodels had the word super added. the big touring series will be all that is around in a few years and even their numbers will dwindle down in car counts.
    Not saying I agree with you, but if true, there's gonna be a lot of Rocket Chassis planter boxes around the country.
    8/13/16

At Shawano we race for $1,000 to win in the supers. 2nd $680 3rd $580 4th $500 5th $410 6th $350 7TH $320 8TH $300 9TH $290 10TH 280 $150 TO START WITH AN 18 CAR FIELD IIRC.

NOT SURE HOW THAT COMPARES TO YOUR TRACKS.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Sounds like you are OK with a 4 car SLM feature. Not everyone can win.

And the guys that run midpack or less are not in the way... no one will come to watch a handful of cars race unless it's your family.
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    Just saw where the Super Late Models are done at Florence. Citing low car counts as a reason why. They have said that the classes will be Crate Late Model, Modified, Sports Modified, and Compacts. They are getting 15 to 16 Crates and only 8 or 9 Super Lates. This is a sad day. Yet Oakshade has gotten 24 to 35 Super Lates a night.
    If the 604 guys had any brains they'd be running with the supers. The money at the back has got to be better than the other classes.

And start the slow guys up front... gives the hotshots something to do by refining their passing strategies...
    Class of 2019