Default Spindle choice's

I plan to update a old car front clip. I will be redesigning the the entire front end. My question is if you were going to build a new front clip what off the shelf spindles would you use? I have played with s7 and genx and blue grey spindles in the past but not familiar with some of the newer stuff. Have spindles changed much in the past several years? Mainly I guess the biggest thing is pin angle and pin height. I can move the rack and upper control arm mounts to make up for the rest of the geometry...

I'd put Horn front geometry on it, if you have access to everything. I'm still running Gen X, with XO, cause I know it well. But, I'm not sure if I can still get spindles. I bought a few people out and only have so many left.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I'd put Horn front geometry on it, if you have access to everything. I'm still running Gen X, with XO, cause I know it well. But, I'm not sure if I can still get spindles. I bought a few people out and only have so many left.
    I was leaning towards the xo spindles... Because that is what I ran on my last mastersbilt and it was fast. This is an old blue grey car that I was going to put xo's on. I was just thinking if I was going to do all that I would ask what everyone's opinion would be. This will be a crate car. Not many horns run well outside of supers... Do you think the horn spindles are similar to the xo spindles? I just don't know any of the dimensions of the other brands...

Quote Originally Posted by dirtslinger71 View Post
    I was leaning towards the xo spindles... Because that is what I ran on my last mastersbilt and it was fast. This is an old blue grey car that I was going to put xo's on. I was just thinking if I was going to do all that I would ask what everyone's opinion would be. This will be a crate car. Not many horns run well outside of supers... Do you think the horn spindles are similar to the xo spindles? I just don't know any of the dimensions of the other brands...
    I know next to nothing about Horn geometry. Can't help you there. I'd have no problem running the XO stuff on a crate car. Next year I'm going to mess with a car with xr1 geometry, but I'm not certain it will gain anything. I think it's hard to beat something you have a ton of experience with, if you also understand how things are changing in the sport and where the cars can use improvement.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1