Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Top Heavy Purses and Streaming

Promoters and tracks, please spread out the purses and payouts more if you want to keep our sport going. Most of the payouts only award the winner -- I'm glad they are paid well. BUT, instead of adding $10K or $5K to the top, start spreading it out more. Also, I am curious does anyone know how much tracks make on streaming the major events? If so, is there thought on upping the payout throughout the entire late model field? Paying $1500 to start a $20K races seems fair. The days of $500 start money should be long gone for a $20 race.If the winner receives $20k what do others think the purse should be?
    Last edited by cgrace; 09-20-2021 at 12:16 PM.

I would like to see races pay 10% of the winners share to start. A $10,000 to win race would pay $1,000 to start and. $20,000 to win race would pay $2,000 to start.

The payout for the crate race in Louisiana this weekend is actually painful to look at. On top of a $250 entry fee and $115 per pit pass.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrace View Post
    Also, I am curious does anyone know how much tracks make on streaming the major events?
    Little to nothing unless they have their own deal.

Quote Originally Posted by sa98 View Post
    The payout for the crate race in Louisiana this weekend is actually painful to look at. On top of a $250 entry fee and $115 per pit pass.
    If there stupid enough to show up for a deal like that. I say O well, these crate sanctions, are making money, a lot of money. All I ever hear about is how affordable the racing is. Horse turds

Quote Originally Posted by Action10 View Post
    I would like to see races pay 10% of the winners share to start. A $10,000 to win race would pay $1,000 to start and. $20,000 to win race would pay $2,000 to start.
    That makes a great deal of sense and helps distribute dollars throughout the field, keeping plenty of teams going.

Here is the payout for the dream this year! top heavy is an understatement!
    Saturday feature

1. $126,000
    2. $20,000
    3. $12,500
    4. $10,000
    5. $8,750
    6. $7,500
    7. $6,500
    8. $6,000
    9. $5,500
    10. $5,000
    11. $4,000
    12. $3,000

^^ that would be $12,600 to start. Wouldn’t that be something?
    Scott Kleindorfer

The Dream has always been super top heavy. Acting like this is some revelation is retarded.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Most of your major races are top heavy, it is what brings your top tier teams to compete. It has fallen off, but the only race out there that could cut there purse or spread it out would be the world 100. There is no other race that has the prestige of winning the globe, none.

What I’ve heard is the tracks get $0 from ppv money which I find very hard to believe. If these tracks are putting on the show and DirtVision/Flo/Mav come in and tapes it and makes tons of money I gotta think the track would get some kickback if not the majority of the proceeds from the ppv monies

I find it hard to believe too, but I've only ever seen it mentioned from non-streamer/non-promoters.

That's the thing with the streaming deals. It's the track's event and the track's money on the line if some fans decide not to show up and watch it at home. Yet, the series mandate the streaming whether you want it or not, and the track get very little to nothing out of it. Seems kind of backwards.

I'd sure as he11 rather see top heavy purses than what happens in big drag racing bracket events now...they pool the top 8 or so on the side and the track pays an even share to them rather than a winner purse...now, this only happens if all of them agree and one person not wanting to split the pot ruins it.

Had a race up here this summer the other guys were all bu77 hurt that the guy that won didn't want to split and now he's black balled a bit but I thought it was great!

As racing turns into more 'entertainment' than actual sport you will see the 'purse splitting' come into play....Problem has always been finding a way to get the guy who finishes last to show up, the winner always seems to be there! Not saying I agree, look what NASCAR is doing-purse money means nothing to them it is all about the other $$$ they bring in.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    The Dream has always been super top heavy. Acting like this is some revelation is retarded.
    Hey my nephew is a retard be nice!

Dolly Parton payouts have always been a thing in the dirt late model world!

It sounds cooler to say you are paying $175k to win than it says $75k to win and $4 to start I guess

It sure would make racing more sustainable for these guys but we have been saying this for years!

I believe I-80 paid more to start this year at the Silver Dollar Nationals than any DLM race ever and they got around 45 cars and around 1/3 of those were semi-local. Maybe the best purse ever and they get 45 cars. After that I am not gonna pay attention to drivers complaining about purses.
    Last edited by jr29; 09-22-2021 at 12:53 PM.

Seems improbable that promoters don’t get any revenue from a streaming service that originates from their facility. Why would they agree to such an arrangement? Have you ever chosen to not attend a race that you could see on streaming? I have.
    I hate time trials.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    Hey my nephew is a retard be nice!

Dolly Parton payouts have always been a thing in the dirt late model world!

It sounds cooler to say you are paying $175k to win than it says $75k to win and $4 to start I guess

It sure would make racing more sustainable for these guys but we have been saying this for years!
    I would never refer to a person with developmental disabilities as a retard.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    I would never refer to a person with developmental disabilities as a retard.
    very offensive!!!