Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by jr29 View Post
    I believe I-80 paid more to start this year at the Silver Dollar Nationals than any DLM race ever and they got around 45 cars and around 1/3 of those were semi-local. Maybe the best purse ever and they get 45 cars. After that I am not gonna pay attention to drivers complaining about purses.
    And that's key imo. Unless you're the owner/driver, why do you care how much it pays to start? Do you honestly believe anyone with a shot at winning won't be there because of what it pays to start? There are less cars at major events because there are less LM's out there running. You can thank costs and crates.

The Chili Bowl is a perfect example of wtf do fans care? The event pays a whopping $10k to win and is the greatest racing event of the year! Yet fans are questioning the purses. lol

I know some people have a hardon for large fields, but anymore that is nothing but a waste of time (and more ridiculous cautions).

DWB. I've been in agreement with some of your comments lately, but I gotta tell you, calling anyone something like that is below low. Get some class, there was no reason for it.

"Mentally challenged" would be the correct words. I like retard but that was ok 40 some yrs ago. Times change

Is handicapped ok to say? I can’t keep up. I must have no class as well

I-80 did a great thing this year, but a few key factors hurt them. 1st was the hard tire rule they were on, its hard for some guys who have never seen the place or been on 55's to drive all the way to nebraska just in hopes of making it for the improved start money. Also kind of hard for non lucas guys to justify going out there if they dont stop at wheatland on the way, which means youre gone for over a full week. Not a ton of non touring guys have the crew that can do that. Also who knows how many guys only have 1 car, 1 motor, 1 rearend, etc because covid has parts backed up so they cant finish something to complete their 2nd car. Long way to go with no spare something.

TDRacin.....when did I say I cared what the pay is ?
    I've heard about top heavy pay forever, particularly from drivers. After I-80 that talk rings pretty hollow.
    Race car driver are like truck drivers, they love to complain.

TDRacin.....when did I say I cared what the pay is ? I've heard about top heavy pay forever, particularly from drivers. After I-80 that talk rings pretty hollow. Race car driver are like truck drivers, they love to complain.
    You aren't understanding that location and timing hurt the car count at I-80. Why travel all the way out there when you can race several nights with the SN and have a third of the travel expenses as a week at I-80? It isn't always the money you bring in, it is how much you spend and/or save to bring in that money.

Quote Originally Posted by Action10 View Post
    You aren't understanding that location and timing hurt the car count at I-80. Why travel all the way out there when you can race several nights with the SN and have a third of the travel expenses as a week at I-80? It isn't always the money you bring in, it is how much you spend and/or save to bring in that money.
    I do understand. If it had been a good purse I wouldn't have much of an argument. It was the best purse ever though. Read the DOD articles about the event, Joe Kosiski seemed disappointed too.
    Ross Robinson towed out there from Delaware. Matt Cosner did from West Virginia. There are a lot of super late models closer to Greenwood, Nebraska than those two and very, very few went.

They had 44 or 45 cars and that is plenty for me. I'm just done paying attention when these guys complain about payouts though. They had their chance to back up their talk and very few did.

TDRacin.....when did I say I cared what the pay is ?
    I've heard about top heavy pay forever, particularly from drivers. After I-80 that talk rings pretty hollow.
    Race car driver are like truck drivers, they love to complain.
    Sorry, I wasn't speaking to you directly. I was calling out the fans who complain about purses for the races. We are in agreement about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Action10 View Post
    I would like to see races pay 10% of the winners share to start. A $10,000 to win race would pay $1,000 to start and. $20,000 to win race would pay $2,000 to start.
    That is the way it should be but getting them there is something else.

I do understand. If it had been a good purse I wouldn't have much of an argument. It was the best purse ever though. Read the DOD articles about the event, Joe Kosiski seemed disappointed too.Ross Robinson towed out there from Delaware. Matt Cosner did from West Virginia. There are a lot of super late models closer to Greenwood, Nebraska than those two and very, very few went.They had 44 or 45 cars and that is plenty for me. I'm just done paying attention when these guys complain about payouts though. They had their chance to back up their talk and very few did.
    Valid point... I'm just thinking about some of the guys around my area that didn't go and I think they all did the right thing for them financially. That is what comes to my mind.