Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Mason Oberkramer
    2021 race count
    6 events

Johnny Scott
    Stormy Scott
    2023 race count: Winston Speedway (MI)-3, Spoon River Speedway (IL)-1, Lincoln Speedway (IL)-1, Farmer City Raceway (IL)-1, Fairbury American Legion Speedway (IL)-1, Thunderbird Raceway (MI)-7, Kokomo Speedway (IN)-1, Butler Motor Speedway (MI)-1, Mt.Pleasant Speedway (MI)-1, I-96 Speedway (MI)-1, Merritt Speedway (MI)-3

Add Ricky Weiss

10 - 15 super late models.....Sounds like a good show(sarcasm) Glad I am not going. 1st year in last 10 I won't be going. Should have NEVER left Arizona....GREED will be the downfall of this event. No one wants to take a winter/racing vacation to new Mexico

I’m not stoked that it is isn’t in Arizona either, but I don’t agree with the greed comment. I’m not sure there were a lot of options to have it in Arizona this year. It’s been said multiple times that Royal and his people offered to give the WWS a home for 2021. Az Speedway wasn’t wanting to have its doors closed. From what I heard awhile back (take that for what it’s worth) it seems as though the folks that run C.A.R have beef with a lot of folks that was associated with Az Speedway. Canyon Speedway Justin isn’t a big enough place to have this event, not to mention the racing is always hit and miss. (And Canyon is really close to my house. Will the WWS be held at Vado in 2023? Will anyone associated with the WWS or Az Speedway knock the dust and cobwebs off of the track in Tucson in 2023?
    Although it will probably never happen, I think it would be really cool to see this event move to Yuma in 2023. That place is not on same level as Vado, but it is a really nice facility and the e racing is usually pretty good. I believe some of Royal’s ideas on Vado came from the facility in Yuma as there are a lot of similarities.

For whatever reason I am unable to edit my post above. It should have read Royal offered up Vado for the 2022 WWS not the 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by 0_VodooChild_0 View Post
    10 - 15 super late models.....Sounds like a good show(sarcasm) Glad I am not going. 1st year in last 10 I won't be going. Should have NEVER left Arizona....GREED will be the downfall of this event. No one wants to take a winter/racing vacation to new Mexico
    You do know that New Mexico is closer to most late model racers than Arizona, right?
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

You'd be upset if world went to Knoxville and hillbilly went to rolling hills, so let the Arizona crowd be upset their show moved instead of a jackass. Find some holiday spirit, we know it's hard being stuck in Pittsburgh but it's there too

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    You do know that New Mexico is closer to most late model racers than Arizona, right?
    What exactly is your point??? I couldn't give to $h!t$ about how close it is to the teams. It is suppose to be a winter racing vacation. Compare weather in Vado/Las Cruses New Mexico to Arizona. Most people prefer to vacation in AZ for a reason........WARMER!!!!!!!

What exactly is your point??? I couldn't give to $h!t$ about how close it is to the teams. It is suppose to be a winter racing vacation. Compare weather in Vado/Las Cruses New Mexico to Arizona. Most people prefer to vacation in AZ for a reason........WARMER!!!!!!!
    I was addressing the part where you said they'd get 10-15 late models. If anything, they'll get more cars than the past few years.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    I was addressing the part where you said they'd get 10-15 late models. If anything, they'll get more cars than the past few years.
    Believe they had 60 last year. Would be willing to bet they don't get 60 in 2022!!!!!

Believe they had 60 last year. Would be willing to bet they don't get 60 in 2022!!!!!
    Just to satisfy you ........1 Tyler Erb, New Waverly, Texas. 1st Johnny Scott, Las Cruces, N.M.2 Garrett Alberson, Las Cruces, N.M.2s Stormy Scott, Las Cruces, N.M.3 Lyndon Bolt, Rapid City, S.D.3s Brian Shirley, Chatham, Ill.4G Bob Gardner, Washington, Ill.5 James Webster, Coolidge, Ariz.6 Brian Boman, Bonfield, Ill.6N Justin Mills, Jane, Mo.7D Austin Theiss, Hockley, Texas10c Chad Olsen, Hendricks, Minn.11 Gordy Gundaker, St. Charles, Mo.11g Trevor Gundaker, St. Charles, Mo.15 Donny Schatz, Fargo, N.D.16 Matt Ratzlaff, Monte Vista, Colo.17 McLain Beaudoin, Lebanon, Ore.18 Ross Camponovo, Clarksdale, Miss.19 Dustin Sorenson, Rochester, Minn.20 Rodney Sanders, Happy, Texas20rt Ricky Thornton Jr., Chandler, Ariz.21f Gunner Frank, Montrose, Iowa21m Luke Merfeld, Dubuque, Iowa21 Billy Moyer, Batesville, Ark.25 Jason Feger, Bloomington, Ill.25 Chad Simpson, Mount Vernon, Iowa28 John Cornell, Phoenix, Ariz.28 Jimmy Mars, Menomonie, Wis.28 Jimmy Whisler, Otis, Ore.B29 Blonde Bomber Mitchell, Pea Ridge, Ark.32B Cody Laney, Torrance, Calif.32 Bobby Pierce, Oakwood, Ill.32 Chris Simpson, Oxford, Iowa37 Scott Ward, Watertown, S.D.38 Thomas Hunziker, Bend, Ore.42 Don Shaw, Ham Lake, Minn.44 Brandon Lewis, Brighton, Colo.48 Tim Lance, Brimfield, Ill.48 Craig Parker, Phoenix, Ariz.49 Jonathan Davenport, Blairsville, Ga.49 Jake Timm, Winona, Minn.71h Clayton Holland, Forney, Texas72w Wyatt Howard, Price, Utah74 Mitch McGrath, Waukesha, Wis.75 Terry Phillips, Springfield, Mo.76 Blair Nothdurft, Sioux Falls, S.D.77 Dustin Knight, Central Point, Ore.78 Steve Stultz, Peoria, Ariz.82 Eston Whisler, Otis, Ore.86 Kyle Beard, Trumann, Ark.L88 Larry Clawson, Pleasant Valley, Mo.91p Jason Papich, Nipomo, Calif.91 Rusty Schlenk, McClure, Ohio91 Tony Toste, Pismo Beach, Calif.98 Jared Landers, Batesville, Ark.99 Clay Fisher, DeWitt, Ark.99jr Frank Heckenast Jr., Frankfort, Ill.99 Cliff Morrow, Enid, Okla.99 Joey Tanner, Portland, Ore.130 Chase Allen, Midlothian, Texas157 Mike Marlar, Winfield, Tenn.

Nice field of cars. Should make for some good racing. Unfortunately I'll be in Arizona. ☹
    8/13/16

With the announcement of Bobby Pierce slated to be competing in this event that alone should be worth the price of admission.

You do realize it moved to Vado because Arizona Speedway closed, right?

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    You do realize it moved to Vado because Arizona Speedway closed, right?
    Same thing I thought, but I just kept my mouth shut. Unless he is talking about USA raceway? I didnt think that place raced as good.

Just to satisfy you ........1 Tyler Erb, New Waverly, Texas. 1st Johnny Scott, Las Cruces, N.M.2 Garrett Alberson, Las Cruces, N.M.2s Stormy Scott, Las Cruces, N.M.3 Lyndon Bolt, Rapid City, S.D.3s Brian Shirley, Chatham, Ill.4G Bob Gardner, Washington, Ill.5 James Webster, Coolidge, Ariz.6 Brian Boman, Bonfield, Ill.6N Justin Mills, Jane, Mo.7D Austin Theiss, Hockley, Texas10c Chad Olsen, Hendricks, Minn.11 Gordy Gundaker, St. Charles, Mo.11g Trevor Gundaker, St. Charles, Mo.15 Donny Schatz, Fargo, N.D.16 Matt Ratzlaff, Monte Vista, Colo.17 McLain Beaudoin, Lebanon, Ore.18 Ross Camponovo, Clarksdale, Miss.19 Dustin Sorenson, Rochester, Minn.20 Rodney Sanders, Happy, Texas20rt Ricky Thornton Jr., Chandler, Ariz.21f Gunner Frank, Montrose, Iowa21m Luke Merfeld, Dubuque, Iowa21 Billy Moyer, Batesville, Ark.25 Jason Feger, Bloomington, Ill.25 Chad Simpson, Mount Vernon, Iowa28 John Cornell, Phoenix, Ariz.28 Jimmy Mars, Menomonie, Wis.28 Jimmy Whisler, Otis, Ore.B29 Blonde Bomber Mitchell, Pea Ridge, Ark.32B Cody Laney, Torrance, Calif.32 Bobby Pierce, Oakwood, Ill.32 Chris Simpson, Oxford, Iowa37 Scott Ward, Watertown, S.D.38 Thomas Hunziker, Bend, Ore.42 Don Shaw, Ham Lake, Minn.44 Brandon Lewis, Brighton, Colo.48 Tim Lance, Brimfield, Ill.48 Craig Parker, Phoenix, Ariz.49 Jonathan Davenport, Blairsville, Ga.49 Jake Timm, Winona, Minn.71h Clayton Holland, Forney, Texas72w Wyatt Howard, Price, Utah74 Mitch McGrath, Waukesha, Wis.75 Terry Phillips, Springfield, Mo.76 Blair Nothdurft, Sioux Falls, S.D.77 Dustin Knight, Central Point, Ore.78 Steve Stultz, Peoria, Ariz.82 Eston Whisler, Otis, Ore.86 Kyle Beard, Trumann, Ark.L88 Larry Clawson, Pleasant Valley, Mo.91p Jason Papich, Nipomo, Calif.91 Rusty Schlenk, McClure, Ohio91 Tony Toste, Pismo Beach, Calif.98 Jared Landers, Batesville, Ark.99 Clay Fisher, DeWitt, Ark.99jr Frank Heckenast Jr., Frankfort, Ill.99 Cliff Morrow, Enid, Okla.99 Joey Tanner, Portland, Ore.130 Chase Allen, Midlothian, Texas157 Mike Marlar, Winfield, Tenn.
    Posting who showed up last year is pretty effing irrelevant to this year.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Same thing I thought, but I just kept my mouth shut. Unless he is talking about USA raceway? I didnt think that place raced as good.
    I don’t even if that track is even open anymore. I can’t find any info on it.

Yes, I am fully aware of the demise of Arizona Speedway. Yes, USA Raceway in Tucson has gone by the wayside also. However Bayko was talking about Vado being closer to late model teams but being closer won't mean more. Last year had 60(reason for the list) to compare to this year. There will NOT be 60 late model teams at Vado. This race belongs in Arizona. They should do something to get it back into Arizona at Cocopah Speedway in Yuma(Somerton), Arizona
    Last edited by 0_VodooChild_0; 12-26-2021 at 03:34 PM.

Yes, I am fully aware of the demise of Arizona Speedway. Yes, USA Raceway in Tucson has gone by the wayside also. However Bayko was talking about Vado being closer to late model teams but being closer won't mean more. Last year had 60(reason for the list) to compare to this year. There will NOT be 6- late model teams at Vado. This race belongs in Arizona. They should do something to get it back into Arizona at Cocopah Speedway in Yuma(Somerton), Arizona
    I agree that on general Arizona is more desirable than New Mexico but I think it’ll good. They have the backing of some of the major players in this sport and the racing looks pretty good there. Our group is making our first WWS and can’t wait! Then East Bay after that.