Default BREAKING: Jonathan Davenport will be sidelined this weekend - POSITIVE COVID-19

BREAKING: Jonathan Davenport will be sidelined this weekend from Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series action due to a positive test for COVID-19. Jonathan feels fine and has little to no symptoms but will quarantine appropriately this weekend.
    Per: Jonathan Davenport Motorsports
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

With the way the news was released begs many to ask why did he get a test (assuming its all real here) in the first place?

Unfortunately, Jonathan Davenport WILL NOT compete in this weekend's rescheduled 'Indiana Icebreaker' and 'Jackson 100' at Brownstown Speedway after a recent positive COVID-19 test. While Jonathan is relatively symptom-free and feeling fine to compete, JD will sit out this weekend's Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series events and quarantine appropriately. Apologies to all of our great fans who wanted to watch Jonathan race this weekend in the Hoosier State, but hopefully he will be 100% healthy and back at the track very soon!

I'm guessing he got the test because he got some symptoms.

Hopefully he recovers quickly and is back in the saddle soon.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

JD on Twitter:

"2 guys on my crew get to feeling sick they both went and tested positive for coivd so the rest of the crew got tested also & I tested positive. Even tho I feel fine we have decided to sit out this weekend. I’d feel selfish and terrible to race & get someone else sick."
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Get well JD!

Hope this doesn't spread over to other teams that have pitted next to jd. Get well soon JD motorsports

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    With the way the news was released begs many to ask why did he get a test (assuming its all real here) in the first place?

Unfortunately, Jonathan Davenport WILL NOT compete in this weekend's rescheduled 'Indiana Icebreaker' and 'Jackson 100' at Brownstown Speedway after a recent positive COVID-19 test. While Jonathan is relatively symptom-free and feeling fine to compete, JD will sit out this weekend's Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series events and quarantine appropriately. Apologies to all of our great fans who wanted to watch Jonathan race this weekend in the Hoosier State, but hopefully he will be 100% healthy and back at the track very soon!
    Yep, he’s faking having Covid so he doesn’t have to go to Brownstown and make money and gain full points.
    Who the F cares why he has to get a test?

Lets replace the name Davenport with Bloomquist and lets say that Bloomer is the point leader back in March and takes a gamble that its going to rain out and goes to Bristol instead of Lucas. The race is ends before the Bmain and is rescheduled then rained out and now its Thursday (yesterday) and he has to tag the Bmain to get his points. Bloomer goes the Knoxville and kills and engine, drops to 3rd in points then skips Farmer City Castrol race using the engine as the excuse(again gambling that it will rain out). Then just hours before the race its announced that he tests positive for Covid, hours not the day before.

Seems as much of a coincidence to me as the real Bloomer "falling" off his trailer at Eldora right before a drug test to head to the hospital to get drugs for his 'injury"

If this was Bloomer, the news would have broke the internet.....

These guys race to win and run points to win, after 3rd its pretty much all the same

1 $75,000
    2 $47,000
    3 $35,000
    4 $30,000
    5 $27,000
    6 $25,000
    7 $22,500
    8 $20,000
    9 $17,500
    10 $16,500
    11 $12,000
    12 $10,000
    13 $5,000
    14 $2,500

From second to fifth in points in a couple weeks. That's rough.

I'm pretty sure Bloomquist wouldn't have gone to Farmer City regardless. 10-15 yrs ago. Maybe
    2021 race count
    6 events

Lets replace the name Davenport with Bloomquist and lets say that Bloomer is the point leader back in March and takes a gamble that its going to rain out and goes to Bristol instead of Lucas. The race is ends before the Bmain and is rescheduled then rained out and now its Thursday (yesterday) and he has to tag the Bmain to get his points. Bloomer goes the Knoxville and kills and engine, drops to 3rd in points then skips Farmer City Castrol race using the engine as the excuse(again gambling that it will rain out). Then just hours before the race its announced that he tests positive for Covid, hours not the day before.

Seems as much of a coincidence to me as the real Bloomer "falling" off his trailer at Eldora right before a drug test to head to the hospital to get drugs for his 'injury"

These guys race to win and run points to win, after 3rd its pretty much all the same

1 $75,000
    2 $47,000
    3 $35,000
    4 $30,000
    5 $27,000
    6 $25,000
    7 $22,500
    8 $20,000
    9 $17,500
    10 $16,500
    11 $12,000
    12 $10,000
    13 $5,000
    14 $2,500
    So he chooses to stay home and make no money over guaranteed money?

1 $75,000
    2 $47,000
    3 $35,000
    4 $30,000
    5 $27,000
    6 $25,000
    7 $22,500
    8 $20,000
    9 $17,500
    10 $16,500
    11 $12,000
    12 $10,000
    13 $5,000
    14 $2,500
    Not even comparable risk/reward.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Dirty white boy with another head scratcher.