Default Talladega Short Track and NASCAR Weekend?

Thinking about going to Talladega Short Track Oct 2-3 which of course that is NASCAR weekend. Just wondered if the track gets backed and is there parking?

Race weekend at talladega ain’t what it use to be. Plenty of room. Short track and nascrap track.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

I agree, Not like the old days. Shouldnt have any problem

Really? We will have the Red Farmer Tribute weekend, with great money shows for the CRUSA both nights, Friday a 37 lapper, Saturday a 60-lapper. Friday we will run the Jerry Goodwin Challenge To Beat Cancer for the Supers. The other classes will run for very nice money as well. Should have over 150 cars each night, maybe even more with most likely over 100 Late Models, not too shabby for 2021. The crowd will be good each night with NASCAR across the street and no Covid restrictions like last year or in early 2021.

We have a lot of FREE parking available, coolers welcome (no glass) and easy and large seating. Some folks just like to convey negativity, at TST we like our glass to be half full. Many tracks can only wish they had a money making, successful race like this to hold. Cold beer, great fans, fair prices, good times hanging out with like-minded folks is what a NASCAR weekend at the "Hornets Nest" is all about. We usually get fans from over 30 states in attendance and some foreign countries who would not agree that it isn't what it used to be, they savor and enjoy what is happening today, not years ago, just ask em. Plus you actually have to show up to assess the great vibe this race has.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

Thanks for the positive reply LM Mark. How can you go wrong with what you replied. A group of us from Indiana will be making our first visit to TST Friday night. Can't wait for the Red Farmer Tribute!

Don't do what I did. Don't use the road hwy 77 exit off of the interstate (west of both of the tracks) during Speedway traffic, you will be sitting in backed up traffic on the speedway blvd for an hour or more trying to get to the dirt track heading east bound, with fans entering/leaving the Talladega Speedway. Take the track's east side interstate exit (county road 005 I think it is- what is that exit number? Somewhere around the 174 mile marker). It is the way to get on and off of the interstate to the dirt track, also shorter during the drunkin' crazy times.

They asking about room mark. I believe they meant packed instead of backed. It is the truth it ain’t what it use to be, especially across the street. It use to take over an hour to get down speedway boulevard. Not now. It use to take 30 mins to an hour to get out of short track parking lot to speedway boulevard. Nascar definitely ain’t what it use to be and the major lack of fans these days proves it. Nascar now sucks!
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Had a great time my one visit on a nascar weekend.

I get what you mean DC, interesting watching a race from the Super Speedway and seeing that huge backstretch grandstand packed, sure a change from todays era.

Tonight we have the Ice Bowl Qualifier, win your division and you have a guaranteed staring spot in the 2022 Ice Bowl main events.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

So no supers on Saturday night? Supers just Friday?

Yes, just supers on Friday night, there are other shows on Saturday for the Supers, yep. it is a change indeed but you have to be savy how your purse is distributed in 2021 in general, and how you book Super races. The costs of everything is huge and return "and" results of how much money you pay is vital......................in 2021. The Saturday night program will not lack in $$$ being payed out or car count. With 1 less class, time will be shortened how long the program is.

One last thing to ponder, especially on Friday night, can any track in the South, or for that matter anywhere, pull over 100 Late Models for one night.....answers? The interest is high, quite interesting how many other tracks announcers have inquired if they can help me and have indicated how big and special this weekend is.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer