Default Hot Seat Drivers?

Which of these teams do you think could make a change for 2022?

SSI Motorsports and Ricky Thornton Jr
    Clint Bowyer Racing and Josh Richards
    PCC Motorsports and Spencer Hughes
    Cullen Racing and Brian Shirley

Any others? I have no insider info in regards to the above teams, just ones with car owners that in my opinion underperformed. I’d replace any of the above drivers with Nick Hoffman.

You think Spencer Hughes has under performed?

They better try to hang in to Hughes….

Bowyers team will be gone. The rest will most likely be in their same cars. Who knows where Josh lands.

I don't see any of those 4 going anywhere.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Josh is a much better driver than he is able to show with his current team. Most drivers have struggled in the Boyer ride over the years. Maybe it's time that he goes home and drives a second house car for his dad. Would be interesting to see B Shepard run the Lucas series next year, and Josh run with the Outlaws in house cars. I believe this would help Josh with his confidence and working back with Mark would be good for him.

There won’t be two house cars.

Wink

Hughes has done fairly well for an in season replacement. He doesn’t tear stuff up (Strickler), drives others pretty cleanly, and works on his car himself. No reason to get rid of him. Him and his buddies make a pretty good team.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyOinthe20fan View Post
    Josh is a much better driver than he is able to show with his current team. Most drivers have struggled in the Boyer ride over the years. Maybe it's time that he goes home and drives a second house car for his dad. Would be interesting to see B Shepard run the Lucas series next year, and Josh run with the Outlaws in house cars. I believe this would help Josh with his confidence and working back with Mark would be good for him.
    Bowyer’s team is always less than the sum of its parts. A perpetual underperformer. I doubt Josh has forgotten how to drive.
    We'll miss ya Doc Watson...

SSI Motorsports and Ricky Thornton Jr - Had a good season with a few mishaps over the last month he stays
    Clint Bowyer Racing and Josh Richards - Most likely out of the ride as performance has been horrible (probably not the driver)
    PCC Motorsports and Spencer Hughes - No way in hell. This kid is great and takes good care of the equipment bright future
    Cullen Racing and Brian Shirley - No way in hell. Had a very good season

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Bowyers team will be gone. The rest will most likely be in their same cars. Who knows where Josh lands.
    It's time for Bowyer to give it up. Maybe he can go race it as a crate at Caney?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    It's time for Bowyer to give it up. Maybe he can go race it as a crate at Caney?
    I believe Josh’s talents are being limited at Bowyer. It would be interesting to see where Josh would land if he leaves

Shirley isn’t going anywhere and I would hope Hughes isn’t either. Thornton, maybe.

Josh is a squirrel. A shell of his former, single, slave to daddy mark, self

Quote Originally Posted by Burke1118 View Post
    Josh is a squirrel. A shell of his former, single, slave to daddy mark, self
    Yeah he didn’t win the Lucas oil title first year running it with the best car or anything.

Josh is a top 5 overall driver in the sport.

Everyone knows what’s wrong with the bowyer deal.

Of Josh and Bowyer split and he goes else where and runs top 5 top 3 then we can for sure 100% confirm it was Bowyer team
    2021 race count
    6 events

I don't understand the want to force Thornton out of the SSI Motorsports ride. I mean he is 7th in series points in his 1st full year on the tour. Most of these tracks he has never seen or only seen once. Burroughs has them headed in a good direction & he will get better at the unfamiliar tracks the more he goes there. My belief is Ricky Thornton Jr. is NOT going anywhere. Burns may change his mind but if he does, he will sell out & not race anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by 0_VodooChild_0 View Post
    I don't understand the want to force Thornton out of the SSI Motorsports ride. I mean he is 7th in series points in his 1st full year on the tour. Most of these tracks he has never seen or only seen once. Burroughs has them headed in a good direction & he will get better at the unfamiliar tracks the more he goes there. My belief is Ricky Thornton Jr. is NOT going anywhere. Burns may change his mind but if he does, he will sell out & not race anymore.
    Just as Burns did the last time?

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    Of Josh and Bowyer split and he goes else where and runs top 5 top 3 then we can for sure 100% confirm it was Bowyer team
    Of course Josh can still drive. Just as Hudson could still drive while in the yellow Mastersbilt
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1