FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 27, 2021

Dale McDowell Crowned King of the Mountain at Volunteer Speedway
Georgia Racer to be Sidelined by Health Issues for the Next Month

MOORESBURG, Tenn. (09/27/21) – With an impending hiatus from the driver’s seat related to health issues, Dale McDowell enjoyed a triumphant performance on Saturday night at Smoky Mountain Speedway in his Shane McDowell Racing/ E-Z-GO No. 17m Cometic Gaskets/ Klotz Synthetic Lubricants / Team Zero Race Cars/ Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model.

The Georgia native wired the Southern All Star field to claim the $7,500 winner’s check in the King of the Mountain event at the Tennessee oval. In Victory Lane, McDowell revealed that he’d be taking a hiatus from racing after the event to take care of some health issues.

"I've got some health issues. We're going to miss all of October," McDowell said in victory lane. "It was good to win my last (race for a while), but I was looking forward to coming back here and going to some of those (upcoming) races. But without my health, I've gotta take care of that first, so I'm going to be out five, six weeks, and hopefully run there some in November. ... I wish we could come back. This car's really good. (Car owner and brother) Shane really needs to get somebody (to drive) this thing and race these races. I don't know what he's going to do. But anyway, a good night tonight."

On Saturday evening, Shane McDowell Racing and Dale McDowell invaded Smoky Mountain Speedway (Maryville, Tenn.) for the Southern All Star Series-sanctioned King of the Mountain. With preliminary events lining him up third on the starting grid for the feature, Dale overtook Payton Freeman for the lead on the fifth circuit and paced the field for the remaining distance of the 50-lapper to register his fourth win of the season and 45th -career series triumph. He finished ahead of Freeman, Eli Beets, Zack Mitchell, and Sam Seawright to claim $7,500.

Complete results from this event are available at www.SASDirt.com.

The Dirt Late Model Hall of Famer is undergoing prostate cancer surgery today (Monday, September 27). Doctors have indicated that the cancer appears to be confined to his prostate and are optimistic that, with successful surgery, no further treatment will be necessary.

With McDowell’s recovery time from the surgery is estimated to be a minimum of six weeks, Shane McDowell Racing notes that “Dale will be just as eager to get back behind the wheel as his fans will be to see the 17m back on the track ... but we’ll leave that up to the doctors.”

Please continue to keep Dale and his family in your thoughts and prayers.

Shane McDowell Racing would like to thank all of their sponsors and marketing partners including E-Z-GO, Cometic Gaskets, Klotz Synthetic Lubricants, Connected Strategy Advisors, Fox Racing Shox, Waddell Transfer Inc, ShearWorx, Shackelford Enterprizes, Spring Pro, Northeastern Fabrication, Team Zero Race Cars, Clements Race Engines-Chevrolet, FK Rod Ends, Go Lithium, Schoenfeld Headers, Keyser Manufacturing, MSD Ignition, All Star Performance, Performance Bodies, Five-Star Bodies, Hoosier Tire, Wiles Driveshafts, Weld Racing Wheels, Butlerbuilt Seats, DMI Racing Products, Jones Racing Products, Safecraft Safety Equipment, Wilwood Disc Brakes, Dyers Top Rods, QuickCar, PEM Racing, Walker Filtrations, Mark IV ATV's, Winters Rearends, Strange Oval Products Sweet Manufacturing, Peterson Fluid Systems, DirtWraps, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Shane McDowell Racing please visit www.ShaneMcDowellRacing.com