Default Kankakee promotor !!

I heard there are two people interested in promoting Kankakee speedway next year..#1 is Steven Brooks & His dad Don Brooks and #2 is The Whinningtons Dave and he is dad Jim..Anyone hear any truth to either of these...That's why I was told Brooksie moved to Bradley now..

Would be nice to see Triple K relevant in the UMP racing landscape again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nunya130 View Post
    I heard there are two people interested in promoting Kankakee speedway next year..#1 is Steven Brooks & His dad Don Brooks and #2 is The Whinningtons Dave and he is dad Jim..Anyone hear any truth to either of these...That's why I was told Brooksie moved to Bradley now..
    Yes Brooks lives in Bradley, IL now. Moved there from New Lenox about a year ago.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Steven Brooks and his dad Don Brooks could really bring Kankakee back to where it needs to be hope the rumor is true please Brooks family

I was at Kankakee Speedway last Friday. If I would have known it was Tom Smith's last night as promoter, I would have gone up to him and thanked him for reopening and keeping the place open for the last few years.

Maybe Brooks and Whinningtons can work together. Dave and Jim have been a big part Kankakee for a very long time. Very respected people by fans and drivers. Good luck to both for trying to keep things rolling. Thanks Tom for 13 years.

Quote Originally Posted by dmr37 View Post
    I was at Kankakee Speedway last Friday. If I would have known it was Tom Smith's last night as promoter, I would have gone up to him and thanked him for reopening and keeping the place open for the last few years.
    I was there Friday as well.
    Nathan Stephens

Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Hoosier dirt fan who is next promoter?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dmr37 View Post
    Hoosier dirt fan who is next promoter?

I have no idea. I've heard there are a few people interested in being the promoter there but have not heard any names. Guess will all find out soon enough.
    Nathan Stephens

It will definitely not be the Whittington’s. Dave posted on Facebook that he is done with Kankakee.

Better not be Brooksie… he’ll only prep the bottom groove and will only sell those little 8oz. beers he’s always drinking!!