Default Parker Martin Sidelined from Driver's Seat by Shoulder Injury

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    September 30, 2021

Parker Martin Sidelined from Driver’s Seat by Shoulder Injury
    Randy Weaver to Drive Car in Upcoming Races

MILLEDGEVILLE, Ga. (09/30/21) – 17-year-old Parker Martin can’t seem to catch a break. After overcoming persistent mechanical issues as well as a battle with Covid, the Georgia driver returned to the driver’s seat this past weekend only to have a health issue sideline him once again.

“I injured my should about a year ago and have had problems ever since with it randomly getting dislocated. On Sunday at East Alabama Motor Speedway I had raced from 10th to third, but was forced to pull out of the race because my shoulder got dislocated again,” Martin said. “I went to the orthopedic surgeon on Wednesday and after evaluation he informed me I will need surgery. I’m hoping to have the surgery in the next week or two, but after that I could be sidelined anywhere from three months to six months. It’s a bad deal, but it is what it is, and we’ll make the most of it.

“In the meantime it’s an honor to have such a legendary racer like Randy Weaver drive my car.”

Crossville, Tennessee’s Randy Weaver will pilot the team’s Martin’s Industrial No. 116 PMR Aviation / Southeastern Performance / Willy’s Carburetors / Longhorn Chassis / Fox Shocks / Hoosier Tire South / Custom Race Engine Super Late Model in select events the remainder of the year, beginning with this weekend’s Tennessee State Championship at 411 Motor Speedway (Seymour, Tenn.).

“This is a really cool opportunity, and I thank Chris and Parker (Martin) for making it possible. To have the No. 116 back on the side of a Longhorn Super Late Model for the first time since 2018 is really special. Throw in the fact that this will be the first time that Cameron (Randy’s son), and I have ever raced against each other in the Super Late Model division, and we get to do it close home with a lot of family and friends there just makes it mean that much more to me,” Weaver noted. “The Martin family and I started talking earlier this year and had honestly hoped to have the car ready for the World 100, but we just couldn’t get ready in time.

“We’ll run this weekend at 411 (Motor Speedway). It gives us a good chance to knock the rust off and get the bugs worked out, and then we plan to race the Lucas Oil events at Dixie (Speedway) and Rome (Speedway), and then enter the Castrol race at 411. I’m definitely looking forward to it.”

The Tennessee State Championship is set for this Saturday, October 2 at 411 Motor Speedway. The Super Late Model program posts a $5,000 top prize.

For more information on the event, please visit www.411MotorSpeedway.net .

Parker Martin would like to thank all of his marketing partners, which include: Martin's Industrial, PMR Aviation, Sweat’s Portable Buildings, Fox Shocks, Southeastern Performance, Willy’s Carburetors, Custom Race Engines, Hoosier Tire South, and MSR Mafia Marketing Services.

For more information on Parker Martin Racing, visit the team’s official website at www.ParkerMartinRacing.com .
    Last edited by Ben Shelton; 09-30-2021 at 12:28 PM.