Default WoO news for 2022

2021 race count
    6 events

The clowns at WRG strike again. This time they schedule over the Show-Me. I seen them scheduling a race over the Firecracker solely because they are bitter. Literally a cancer to the dirt world.
    2023 Races - 1(1 Track)
    2022 Races - 66(16 Tracks)
    2021 Races - 100(31 tracks)
    2020 Races - 56(15 tracks)
    2019 Races - 75(23 tracks)
    2018 Races - 66(26 tracks)
    2017 Races - 62(18 tracks)

The schedule is solid from a purse stand point, it's improved a little at least. For sure knew they'd schedule on top of the Firecracker. They scheduled on Show me weekend, but that doesn't bother me too much considering how far away the two are. IMO they will continue to be the little brother of national series.

Quote Originally Posted by taz1458 View Post
    The clowns at WRG strike again. This time they schedule over the Show-Me. I seen them scheduling a race over the Firecracker solely because they are bitter. Literally a cancer to the dirt world.
    How many WoO drivers go to the Show Me? Not many. I'm surprised they haven't done this already.

Quote Originally Posted by taz1458 View Post
    The races are far apart and the Show Me is literally a regular Lucas race these days, with a nostalgic name. I see nothing wrong with drivers having options.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing

I can't believe how butt hurt people get from scheduling over events. When it happens it's not like the tracks are 10 miles apart.
    2021 race count
    6 events

I'm pretty sure they schedule for that weekend every year, it was just rained out or scratched for some reason this season...

Quote Originally Posted by Action10 View Post
    I'm pretty sure they schedule for that weekend every year, it was just rained out or scratched for some reason this season...
    Nah, shep usually runs the show me in the b5

Wow, that’s a step up in points payout. $75K for second, isn’t that what Lucas pays for first?

I’m glad to see purses rising, along with more good options for drivers and teams.

Scheduling on top of the firecracker ? How dare they ! Everyone knew that was a given. Both series dog each others schedule. Unfortunate, yes but wrg isn't going away any time soon. It's the same with Lucas, I'm hoping that by both series putting in more dollars it entices more teams to jump on a tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Nah, shep usually runs the show me in the b5
    Good call, I was mistaken... Just looked it up, they scheduled on top of it through the 2017 season and haven't since.

When the Show-Me and Topless 100 became sanctioned by Lucas, they pretty much ceased being crown jewel races. Just normal Lucas races now with a lil higher winning purse.

After the first 5 years the Topless has always paid $40k or more regardless if Lucas sanctioned it.
    2021 race count
    6 events

What set the Show-Me and Topless apart before they became sanctioned was there wasn’t guaranteed starting positions, you had to race your way in. I remember sitting in turns 3 and 4 at West Plains for one Show-Me and right before the feature, Billy Moyer’s rig was pulling out behind me because he failed to make the feature and he wasn’t the only driver that happened to. Times were so much better then.

EDERDS isn’t wrong, the Topless, Show Me, Hillbilly, Jackson aren’t as big now as they once seemed. They’ve became just your normal Lucas race.