Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pittsburgher BS

EPJ passed RTJ, who was ahead of O'Neil before the caution came out for gas (which I thought was odd, they got aroudn Eldora without refueling). Did O'Neil get his lap back by bringing out a caution?

There's an article on DoD about it now. It's the stupidest rule I've read about and the way they carried it out was even stupider. They didn't drop the yellow on 50 so the whole field raced until lap 51, RTJ was the last car on the lead lap but they turned back time to 50 when it was O'Neil, EVEN THOUGH THE GREEN WAS OUT THE WHOLE TIME. It's a very convoluted explanation and sounds a little fishy to me since they could just make up who was where and attribute it to either the race monitor or the flag man.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    EPJ passed RTJ, who was ahead of O'Neil before the caution came out for gas (which I thought was odd, they got aroudn Eldora without refueling). Did O'Neil get his lap back by bringing out a caution?
    They added fuel stops to a couple of shows in the last few years. This one and Knoxville. It's a symptom of the huge engines and the ridiculous down force. The rules of the race should not have changed. They should have either fixed the cars or forced teams to figure out how to race the race.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

There's an article on DoD about it now. It's the stupidest rule I've read about and the way they carried it out was even stupider. They didn't drop the yellow on 50 so the whole field raced until lap 51, RTJ was the last car on the lead lap but they turned back time to 50 when it was O'Neil, EVEN THOUGH THE GREEN WAS OUT THE WHOLE TIME. It's a very convoluted explanation and sounds a little fishy to me since they could just make up who was where and attribute it to either the race monitor or the flag man.
    O'Neal* As I explained, they threw the yellow once EPJ crossed the stripe to start lap 51, so 50 laps complete (halfway) (dirt rules revert back to the last completed lap*). At that time, O'Neal was the first car a lap down, but even then, everyone a lap down at that point was waved by EPJ.

They let all the cars on the lead lap complete lap 50 before they threw the caution.

They need a rule that if you stop on track to bring out a caution just so you can pit for any reason that you will go a lap down. I don't care who it is.This lucky dog and all the laps they run under caution waitingon teams to do all the stuff is really pathetic.

You should never benefit from bringing out the caution

Quote Originally Posted by GRT32 View Post
    You should never benefit from bringing out the caution
    Truer words have never been spoken

It's not any different than having a flat and having to bring out a caution. He caused a caution with no flat and couldn't change any.. His benefit was to make a shock adjustment. He had to go to the tail of the lead lap cars just like any other car that pits. Wasn't very many laps later a caution came and he could have pitted then and made the same adjustment along with tires. That's what Clanton did late in the race and ran 5th. Lucas made these rules several years ago. Hud played by the rules and won. EPJ could have pitted. Maybe if he did he could have been fast enough to win.

I understand not agreeing with a rule, but I am amazed at how many race fans have to have this explained to them. This is not new, or hasn’t been taken advantage by many drivers. Bloomer used to stop in at the halfway point all the time make an adjustment or tires, and come out and drive up through the field. They probably made the rule about if u bring the caution out u can’t get tires unless u have a flat because of bloomer. It was an exciting race, big win and well played strategy by hud, and heartbreak loss for EPJ.

Bring out a caution if u want to, but u shouldn't get the lucky dog and make up a lap by doing so.

^^^ you don't ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    I get tired of hearing Essex saying "no harm no foul" when someone jumps a start. It is a foul.. strike one, do it again then you go back a row.
    That is what they tell them on the Raceceiver. No Harm No Foul that's where that comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    It's not any different than having a flat and having to bring out a caution. He caused a caution with no flat and couldn't change any.. His benefit was to make a shock adjustment. He had to go to the tail of the lead lap cars just like any other car that pits.
    How in the world is it not different ???????You don't have a flat on purpose .... do u ??????He was the tail so he could not lose any positions !!!!

I don't care who it is they need a rule about bringing out a caution so u can pit.

It’s really not that difficult. The whole field did not race to lap 51

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    It's not any different than having a flat and having to bring out a caution. He caused a caution with no flat and couldn't change any.. His benefit was to make a shock adjustment. He had to go to the tail of the lead lap cars just like any other car that pits. Wasn't very many laps later a caution came and he could have pitted then and made the same adjustment along with tires. That's what Clanton did late in the race and ran 5th. Lucas made these rules several years ago. Hud played by the rules and won. EPJ could have pitted. Maybe if he did he could have been fast enough to win.
    Exactly........................................... ..................

Quote Originally Posted by TowerView View Post
    That is what they tell them on the Raceceiver. No Harm No Foul that's where that comes from.
    Well the person on the Raceceiver is also wrong. If it really wasn't a foul then if they did it again then they wouldn't be put back a row. Like in baseball.. first two swings are not an out but they are still strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by TowerView View Post
    Keep up the good work man!! I've appreciated it over the years... 🖒

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    Well the person on the Raceceiver is also wrong. If it really wasn't a foul then if they did it again then they wouldn't be put back a row. Like in baseball.. first two swings are not an out but they are still strikes.
    It's not a foul the first time, it's a mulligan. The second time you go back a row.