Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    In looking over the results it looked more like a weekly show. The USRA Nationals at Wheatland this coming weekend had over 300 cars registered a week or two ago.
    I watched the video of the Latemodel portion it DID look like a local maybe regional race ridiculous used to be a lot of big names at this race

Quote Originally Posted by fastford View Post
    kid , you forget 2/3rds of 4m hate the lower classes and think late model,s are all there is worth watching , when in fact with the outrageous cost to run a late model , the lower classes is all thats left to possibly save the sport of dirt track racing , if you look at car counts in every class at every track the last few years , late model counts have dropped dramatically at local saturday night tracks , while lower class participation has increased a lot ....JMO.....
    I know right, I've seen some darn good races in the lower classes and some nights the best racing of the night. I'm a race fan not a fan of just Late Models. Yes you are correct the late Models are don't race at a lot of tracks now.

Hope things are good with you and your family!

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Everything you have said here is true. It still doesn't change the fact that after following late models your whole life, I have no desire to pay $$to watch lil Jimmy drive his $100 hornet around in circles
    I guess its kind of like when I go to a local high school foot ball game , I really dont care that much about the band , but I realize its part of the big picture , so I support them as well with a donation or what ever I can do for the good of the whole , and BTW some of those band members are the hardest working ones on the field sometimes ,,,JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Everything you have said here is true. It still doesn't change the fact that after following late models your whole life, I have no desire to pay $$to watch lil Jimmy drive his $100 hornet around in circles
    Without little Jimmies family and friends spending money at the track its likely late models would never race there much less any other class... Give primoting a shot... Its eye opening.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Krooser View Post
    Without little Jimmies family and friends spending money at the track its likely late models would never race there much less any other class... Give primoting a shot... Its eye opening.
    I wouldn't know anything about primoting.
    As far as promoters around these parts, I've heard many say if it wasn't for their late model specials, they'd lose money for the year. The late model specials pack the stands. Takes 8-10 weekends to match the attendance that say a Lucas, WoO, or SN race brings in.

Getting back to Jimmy, if the late models are not in attendance, the only ones in the stands are family and friends. That tells ya right there what the fans want to see.
    8/13/16