Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    No, it doesn't fix that because the guy in 14th still passes the car in 13th but really didn't.
    chances are at the next caution that 14th place car then gets the lucky dog.

bloomer was notorious for stopping on track bringing out the yellow and he used the lucky dog to his advantage.

Default ???

Quote Originally Posted by buster83 View Post
    bloomer was notorious for stopping on track bringing out the yellow and he used the lucky dog to his advantage.
    Please enlighten us and tell us when and where Bloomquist used this rule. Yes he’s stopped on the track to bring out the caution and go in to change tires and make adjustments but I’d be willing to bet he was on the lead lap when he came in.

I will say once again, drivers are already penalized by having to start at the tail of the field after bringing a caution out and pitting. I could understand the argument if they intentionally brought the caution out, pitted and then assumed their previous position upon coming back to the track, but that’s not so.

When 10 guys bring out separate cautions to make adjustments, it is very detrimental to the entertainment value of the race. I'd like to see no courtesy laps for any driver for any reason.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

when u bring out caution u get 2 laps to get your position back.

it was either wheatland batesville there was a red flag track was very very ruff bloomer performed work on car sent to rear 1 lap down the next caution he received LD all hell broke loose in stands but bloomer remained on lead lap i thought he came back and won but u need to recheck it been a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by buster83 View Post
    How dare you claim Bloomer could be a lap down. Lol, you trying to create a chit storm here?😄
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    When 10 guys bring out separate cautions to make adjustments, it is very detrimental to the entertainment value of the race. I'd like to see no courtesy laps for any driver for any reason.
    I'm along with this new rule. Hey Shwalls, you out there? Maybe Towerview can blow in his ear.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    How dare you claim Bloomer could be a lap down. Lol, you trying to create a chit storm here?
    Like that time he w0n the World Hundred at Eldoris... ? 👈🤗

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    From Wiki. The beneficiary rule, commonly referred to as the "lucky dog" or "free pass", is a rule in some motor racing leagues allowing the closest lapped driver to the front of the field to gain back a lap when a caution is called. The driver is called to move to the end of the longest line of the cars at the end of that caution period. This rule was instituted to prevent drivers from racing back to the start/finish line when a caution was called.Before the rule was installed, drivers would "race back to the caution"; however, there was a gentlemen's agreement not to race, but to slow down and not pass, to allow slower cars to get their laps back. During a September 14, 2003, Sylvania 300 at New Hampshire International Speedway, Casey Mears came close to contacting the stalled car of Dale Jarrett while racing back to the line during a caution caused by Jarrett's crash. NASCAR chose to abandon the practice and stop racing immediately in the wake of the incident. The rule was created as a way of continuing the practice of yielding to the slower cars without sacrificing safety.If this is the nature of the rule, how does it pertain to dirt track racing?
    I thought it was so Aaron's got more exposure per race since they driver could not drive a not nail into a snowman????