Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Also, starting in 2022, all 20 of these events will be officially sanctioned as XRSS races with a newly established rulebook and a full-time, in-house technical inspection team.

How different is the rule book gonna be? could be a good thing or make it worst

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    Another thing. If this creates competion and forces Eldora to keep upping there purses then that is a good thing!!!
    Ummm, they already have been.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    I never understood bashing people such as Cody Sommer or the people putting on these racexr events. They're the ones putting there money and reputation on the line to hold unique events. If you can do better then start up something yourself.
    The problem isn’t that he’s creating big events. I’m good with more drivers making money, they need it. The problem is since day 1 he’s deliberately stepping on people toes, trying to create issues.

RACE XR - 2022 Schedule for Super Late Models as of now.
    Per their website - https://racexr.com/events/

If I read their website correctly

Bristol Dirt Nationals - Top Point earner will get $100,000
    March 23 - $25,000 to win
    March 24 - $25,000 to win
    March 25 - $25,000 to win
    March 26 - $25,000 to win
    April 1 - $25,000 to win
    April 2 - $25,000 to win

Colossal 100
    May 8 - $ TBA
    May 9 - $ TBA
    May 10 - $ TBA
    May 11 - $ TBA
    May 12 - $ TBA
    May 13 - $ TBA
    May 14 - $ TBA

Belleville Dirt Nationals
    June 5 - $ TBA
    June 6 - $ TBA
    June 7 - $ TBA
    June 8 - $ TBA
    June 9 - $ TBA
    June 10 - $25,000
    June 11 - $50,000

Fever Heat 100
    July 10 - $25,000
    July 11 - $25,000
    July 12 - $25,000
    July 13 - $25,000
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

I'm assuming from what we've all see so far there are more of these announcements coming.
    Nathan Stephens

Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Hope this guy is okay with 20 car fields at most of these shows. The regional racer that works 9-5 were the guys that used to fill out the fields in these big money races. You can’t have a normal job and go to these races lol

These events are cool and all but your gonna have to sit tthrew 10 different classes to watch super late models. And for me personally I have no interest in that.

RACEXR.com Super Series

Nathan Stephens

I just don't understand all the fuss about someone running against Eldora. This gives drivers and fans who would never go to Eldora in the first place a chance for some good money and for fans to see some good racing. More power to the promoters. Now lets see what they do and will they be respected once all said and done or will the drivers and fans say enough already.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I just don't understand all the fuss about someone running against Eldora. This gives drivers and fans who would never go to Eldora in the first place a chance for some good money and for fans to see some good racing. More power to the promoters. Now lets see what they do and will they be respected once all said and done or will the drivers and fans say enough already.
    That's what I say. Stepping on someone's "toes" would be paying $125k to win at Belleville.

Race on!!!

Texas and Oklahoma play Saturday at Noon. Should no other games be played until it's over?
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    It would be no different than someone scheduling on top of one of your beloved "crown jewel" sprint car races. Lets use the Knoxville nationals for example, how well would it be perceived if some moron out east ran a $50,000 to win show against the 410 Knoxville Nationals? I'm going to assume not real well.
    They're not particularly my "crown jewel" sprint races. I've never attended the Knoxville Nationals. Someone scheduling against a "crown jewel" race of any division can be perceived as a moron but to take it as a personal affront with no monetary involvement could also be perceived as a bit over dramatic. If the guy promoting the Belleville event is doing what he's doing with a vendetta towards Stewart and Eldora then he'd better be cognizant of the possibility of getting his ass handed to him. I'd bet he/they is/are. Either way it's of no concern to me other than my personal hope for good fortune to come the way of my Belleville friends and that community.

One doesn't have to attend a track to discuss the ramifications of scheduling on top of big time events.
    We agree on that count but again, it's a mystery as to why all the consternation given that you're positively sure the Belleville event is destined for failure. The respect you feel is lacking will certainly be regained by the people who dare disrespect the "sacred cow" that follows having their metaphoric ass handed to them.

If you want to get into personal Eldora legacy I've attended as many World's as you have and I attended the very first Dream and several after that. For what it's worth and in spite of the fact that no one here cares and there is no reason they should, to this day I still own the exact same tickets I originally ordered the first time I ever attended the World so I understand the perceived "mystique" of the World. I might actually use those tickets again sometime but for now and reason's unrelated to the racing we wait for 2 weeks past the World to enjoy the "mystique" that is Eldora.

I don't know how much you keep up with the DLM landscape (clearly not as much as some) so let me lay it out for you like I'm teaching a child. It's not smart to schedule on top of events, especially considering the events that they're scheduling against. It's not just Eldora, it was Knoxville, among others, and there's more coming. Eldora will be fine, I'm not worried about that, but the other events they're running on top of could cause problems. You've admitted you don't know the current XR group and that's obvious, I'll leave it at that, just do a little research before you fire at me.
    I certainly appreciate your patience as an expert we all know you to be in spoon feeding someone as unlearned as I as to the nuances of DLM racing promotion, ect. LOL!

I'm not firing at you. I don't have nearly enough credibility regarding dirt late model racing promotion to fire at the likes of you. I just don't care who's promoting what as long as the product on the track is good and it's affordable and I have no monetary position in the mix other than buying an admission ticket. It's business, survival of the fittest, and if this XR outfit can make a go of it scheduling against sacred cows then they're adequately fit. Right? If personal preferences gleaned from personal experience were my criteria for what races to support then I'd never set foot on Eldora or Mighty Macon property again. They're not.

I'm actually a bit ashamed that I spent time from my evening to respond to such triviality. But I figure I didn't want let the thought and time go to waste conceding your vast superiority in matters that have so little effect on my existence and the existence of dirt late model racing! LOL!

CIRF, maybe you need to go back and re read your post. I simply asked you why you brought track prep into the discussion. You started taking jabs while I was trying to have a civil debate. I wouldn’t have brought my Eldora experience into the equation had you not boasted about going to Eldora and telling me I’ve never been to Belleville. Why was that even needed? Who is the one being childish again? Maybe by the time I’m 65, I’ll be lucky enough to attend half the amount of tracks you have. I just don’t know why you got your panties wadded up. Maybe it’s because you’ve made it known over the years you don’t care for Tony. Either way, it doesn’t matter to me. I appreciate you acknowledging my DLM brilliance. Have a good one.
    Last edited by Pennsboro32; 10-05-2021 at 06:47 PM.

It must be me! LOL! Guilty as charged, I reckon.

I hope when I'm 65 I've doubled the number of tracks I've been to! That's a goal worth aspiring to!!

What sort of dedicated dirt late model fan wouldn't boast about the tracks and events they've attended? LOL!!

I was never uncivil, just stated facts and if I was inaccurate in any way I'll humbly stand corrected.

I'm plum outa' desire and creativity so that's the best I can do for now. LOL!!

That 2022 schedule that Nathan put up for that group is pretty impressive if they truly have the backing for it. The surprise track, at least to me, is little old Stuart in Iowa. Been there a few times and really enjoyed the joint but can't quite fathom how that one made their schedule.

Big bucks going to some other pretty talented teams that aren't the tried and true superstars of DLM can't be a bad thing. Most of us have been to a shocker or several where an underfunded surprise stood in victory circle and thoroughly enjoyed their day in the spotlight. Doubt that many fans can say they didn't enjoy it as well. Hope and, often, unrealistic dreams are what keep many of us going. It's the old David and Goliath thing.

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    That 2022 schedule that Nathan put up for that group is pretty impressive if they truly have the backing for it. The surprise track, at least to me, is little old Stuart in Iowa. Been there a few times and really enjoyed the joint but can't quite fathom how that one made their schedule.

Big bucks going to some other pretty talented teams that aren't the tried and true superstars of DLM can't be a bad thing. Most of us have been to a shocker or several where an underfunded surprise stood in victory circle and thoroughly enjoyed their day in the spotlight. Doubt that many fans can say they didn't enjoy it as well. Hope and, often, unrealistic dreams are what keep many of us going. It's the old David and Goliath thing.
    Ahhh, wise words from a guy that's actually been involved to a much higher degree than planting their ass on a bleacher seat, like me!! Bravo Over!!

That's what I say. Stepping on someone's "toes" would be paying $125k to win at Belleville.

Race on!!!

Texas and Oklahoma play Saturday at Noon. Should no other games be played until it's over?
    Agreed............................................ ........

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    These events are cool and all but your gonna have to sit tthrew 10 different classes to watch super late models. And for me personally I have no interest in that.
    My thoughts exactly.

The 8 days at Bristol seems like a financial nightmare for race teams . Nobody is going to want to race at that place for 8 days in March. Nobody wanted to race there for 2 days in March and April this year.

Race on!!!

I don’t recall any other football games being played on CFB championship night or super bowl Sunday..

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    My thoughts exactly. The 8 days at Bristol seems like a financial nightmare for race teams . Nobody is going to want to race at that place for 8 days in March. Nobody wanted to race there for 2 days in March and April this year.
    With the 8 days at Bristol the engine part shortage is never gonna end😂

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    You hit the nail squarely on the head. If it were an hour or two from Eldora, then that is a different issue. There are more than enough cars and fans to support both events.