Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    The XR event isn't going to pull more than 3-4 cars away from Eldora. That event will be made up of Kansas/Missouri/Oklahoma/Nebraska drivers that weren't going to Eldora in the first place. There's your debate.
    If a portion of the XR groups' objective is to disrespect Stewart and his dusty, glazed over/rubbered-up track prep (I'll bet a buck or two right now that The High Banks won't be dusty, glazed over or rubbered up) then so be it and I'm all for it. In all probability the attempt at disrespect will fall flat but the perceived intent is admirable, nonetheless! If disrespect overshadows the desire to make money then whatever economic consequences come their way is earned. I hardly believe that to be the case.

I am good friends with several people that live in Belleville, Kansas who stand to monetarily benefit from this event and I very much hope they do! Who the promoter is or their motive for scheduling it the weekend that they did is of no concern.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    If a portion of the XR groups' objective is to disrespect Stewart and his dusty, glazed over/rubbered-up track prep (I'll bet a buck or two right now that The High Banks won't be dusty, glazed over or rubbered up) then so be it and I'm all for it. In all probability the attempt at disrespect will fall flat but the perceived intent is admirable, nonetheless! If disrespect overshadows the desire to make money then whatever economic consequences come their way is earned. I hardly believe that to be the case.

I am good friends with several people that live in Belleville, Kansas who stand to monetarily benefit from this event and I very much hope they do! Who the promoter is or their motive for scheduling it the weekend that they did is of no concern.
    I'm not sure why you keep quoting me talking about track prep. I haven't mentioned track prep one time. None of my argument has anything to do with track prep.

However, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what this XR guy is doing. He's already scheduled on top of Eldora, Lucas, WoO/WRG, FLO. He's not making any friends. There's not enough room for XR at the table.
    Last edited by Pennsboro32; 10-05-2021 at 01:59 PM.

Yes they have TDRacing. It's been a while, though. IIRC the last time DLM's ran at The High Banks was 2008. I do know for sure that Billy Moyer Sr. holds the SDLM track record.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I'm not sure why you keep quoting me talking about track prep. I haven't mentioned track prep one time. None of my argument has anything to do with track prep.

However, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what this XR guy is doing. He's already scheduled on top of Eldora, Lucas, WoO/WRG, FLO. He's not making any friends. There's not enough room for XR at the table.
    I'll try to clear it up for you. You're the one who is holding all things Eldora in the highest esteem and other than the lore, the history and the party there is little that is superior to Belleville. I mention track prep because it warrants disrespect by whoever is dishing it out and I'm sure the Belleville track will be far superior in that regard. I've attended both facilities many times. Have you? I didn't think so.

If this event Belleville event doesn't interest you and you have no monetary stake in either event then it's puzzling as to why the disdain and concern for your perceived lack of respect by the promoter. Did this XR outfit piss in your breakfast cereal? LOL!

Default XR on some good a$$ sticky icky

Guy is an idiot, yeah I’ll say it.

Eldora was really good on Saturday of the World 100. Guys are just so equal. Cushion, moisture, etc.

I don’t think it’s a terrible idea IF you do what Flo is doing and schedule them NOT against bigger races.

It will flop, the names will be at Eldora.

I wouldn’t bash Belleville, I know it’s a good joint. Just as I still see Eldora as a great place. But good fukin luck.

If I was Tony, $300k to win, $10k to start, F off.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Still not sure how it's a gimmick. A gimmick is a trick or device intended to attract attention, publicity or business. The tracks aren't an hour apart and one event pays $75k more. Let the drivers and owners decide. I say "Race On".
    Last edited by NeedforLM$peed; 10-05-2021 at 03:38 PM.
    2021 race count
    6 events

Look at the money they just put up for 8 nights at Bristol!

They are the AirBnB of Dirt right now, big disrupter!

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    I'll try to clear it up for you. You're the one who is holding all things Eldora in the highest esteem and other than the lore, the history and the party there is little that is superior to Belleville. I mention track prep because it warrants disrespect by whoever is dishing it out and I'm sure the Belleville track will be far superior in that regard. I've attended both facilities many times. Have you? I didn't think so.

If this event Belleville event doesn't interest you and you have no monetary stake in either event then it's puzzling as to why the disdain and concern for your perceived lack of respect by the promoter. Did this XR outfit piss in your breakfast cereal? LOL!
    CIRF, I've always thought you were one of the better posters on here. Not sure what your problem is today but I've got time to bite.

It would be no different than someone scheduling on top of one of your beloved "crown jewel" sprint car races. Lets use the Knoxville nationals for example, how well would it be perceived if some moron out east ran a $50,000 to win show against the 410 Knoxville Nationals? I'm going to assume not real well.

As far as Eldora, I'll never deny my love for that place. I've been going there for 23 years. I'm only 30. I don't have to tell you how important Eldora is to DLM racing. I also don't know how we got on the subject of track prep, especially since I never once mentioned it, heck I'd agree it hasn't been the best lately. That doesn't take away the fact it's Eldora. I not once downgraded Belleville's track. I even said I'd love to go some day. Have I been? No, considering it's better than 15 hours away. Thanks for throwing that little elbow in there even though I'm not sure why it was needed. One doesn't have to attend a track to discuss the ramifications of scheduling on top of big time events.

I don't know how much you keep up with the DLM landscape (clearly not as much as some) so let me lay it out for you like I'm teaching a child. It's not smart to schedule on top of events, especially considering the events that they're scheduling against. It's not just Eldora, it was Knoxville, among others, and there's more coming. Eldora will be fine, I'm not worried about that, but the other events they're running on top of could cause problems. You've admitted you don't know the current XR group and that's obvious, I'll leave it at that, just do a little research before you fire at me.
    Last edited by Pennsboro32; 10-05-2021 at 03:29 PM.

Pretty hard to compare Bellville to Eldora for track prep when Bellville hasn't hosted a SLM race in nearly 15 years. Track prep for other divisions is very different.

And noone is knockings the idea, the track, the town or the race. Its simply wild to me to schedule on top of the Dream and then say you are going to pull in the best SLM drivers in the country.

I think the Dream has become a race that you can schedule against, its the race at Eldora that not everyone goes to anymore. Scheduling against the World, used to be taboo, and UMP would basically shut you down for it.

I dont see this as a big deal. Its just more money for a team to win on the weekend. Hopefully a lower funded team gets the big payout, some of those little teams deserve it. Look at Joseph Joiner for example...50K to that team is amazing. Just think if a Tony Jackson, Jr., Mason Oberkramer, Tyler Bruening, Tad Pospisil, or someone like that takes home 50K?

This just means we get two big shows to watch on the big screen
    Chris Nunn
    812-320-7435
    transitionaddress@hotmail.com

Car counts have declined whether or not a race is scheduled against it. Majority that used to go just to go and say they tried to make the main event are out spent and look for other events.
    2021 race count
    6 events

I think it is awesome to have another 50k race so far away and help some other drivers earn money. This race event will be huge for that community, track, and drivers in the tegion. Say what you want about the XR deal but it cool to add so many high paying events to places that don't normally have late models. The more money for drivers the better IMO

Another thing. If this creates competion and forces Eldora to keep upping there purses then that is a good thing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    Another thing. If this creates competion and forces Eldora to keep upping there purses then that is a good thing!!!
    I agree with that. Could be a very good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by raburke23 View Post
    Pretty hard to compare Bellville to Eldora for track prep when Bellville hasn't hosted a SLM race in nearly 15 years. Track prep for other divisions is very different.
    This is what I'm trying to figure out. Trying to compare apples to oranges isn't an argument. Strange concept.

Race XR is butt hurt and intentionality scheduling against big events because certain tracks wouldn't work with him due to his untrustworthiness.

Look at racexr.com for their 2022 schedule. HUGE money. Big streaming money and they are putting it back in.

Quote Originally Posted by thexfactor0210 View Post
    Only if it pays better for second on back also
    2021 race count
    6 events

I never understood bashing people such as Cody Sommer or the people putting on these racexr events. They're the ones putting there money and reputation on the line to hold unique events. If you can do better then start up something yourself.
    2021 race count
    6 events