Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default XR and Bellville to race against The Dream in 2022 with $25K and $50K shows

I can't wait for this gimmick to go away.

I'm sure they will tie a huge bonus again to attendance, I just cant imagine "the biggest SLM drivers" in the country passing up Eldora $125K to win for this. There are so many other dates to choose from, sheesh.

I thought Volusia was the fastest half mile
    2021 race count
    6 events

What makes a legitimate event(s) a gimmick?
    2021 race count
    6 events

Quote Originally Posted by NeedforLM$peed View Post
    What makes a legitimate event(s) a gimmick?
    This dude obviously has no business skills. Scheduling on top of high profile national events makes it a gimmick. Why would you even do that to yourself? He has no respect for the sport or anybody in it. It's been obvious what XR is trying to do since day 1. We've seen this song and dance before, no way will XR be a main stay in super late model competition IMO. Texas was a cluster buck, ask the teams that went. The rules changed on the fly. Will there be any national teams left to support him after Vegas? Belleville probably will get cars, but they will be regional guys who were never going to Eldora anyway. It'll be a Malvern Bank field and good for regional teams who don't get to race for that kind of money normally, that's the only positive. By the time June rolls around, all eyes will be on Eldora.

This track length conversation has been had many times over without resolution. I've attended both Volusia and The Belleville High Banks many times and Volusia has the appearance of being a bit shorter in length as compared to Belleville. I've measured them both on Google Earth and Volusia measured .43 and Belleville measured .51. If I can believe my own eyes and Google Earth VSP is not a true half mile, but that is only my observation.

Back on topic, I very much hope The High Banks can make a go of this event. Belleville is a very nice little town and the racetrack/fairgrounds is a main focal point of the community much like the racetrack/fairgrounds is the main focal point of Fairbury, Illinois. During the North Central Kansas Free Fair and the Belleville Midget Nationals that was traditionally run during the fair it was clearly apparent that the town and surrounding community of Belleville, Kansas is 100% behind the racing activities. Might even plan on making the 9 hour trip out to Kansas for this one!

Personally, I don't see a problem with it. As the previous poster indicated it will give drivers who were probably not going to Eldora anyway a chance to make some good money. Also, from a fan standpoint, it gives fans in that region who are not going to Eldora anyway, a good paying race to watch.

You won't get the Moran's, Bloomquists, Davenports, Stricklers, etc to forgo Eldora

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    This dude obviously has no business skills. Scheduling on top of high profile national events makes it a gimmick. Why would you even do that to yourself? He has no respect for the sport or anybody in it. It's been obvious what XR is trying to do since day 1. We've seen this song and dance before, no way will XR be a main stay in super late model competition IMO. Texas was a cluster buck, ask the teams that went. The rules changed on the fly. Will there be any national teams left to support him after Vegas? Belleville probably will get cars, but they will be regional guys who were never going to Eldora anyway. It'll be a Malvern Bank field and good for regional teams who don't get to race for that kind of money normally, that's the only positive. By the time June rolls around, all eyes will be on Eldora.
    It is clearly obvious to all that the premier events staged at Eldora are going to get the most attention by teams and interested spectators, alike. But again, I've been to both tracks many times and when it comes to shear bad-ass Eldora takes a back seat to The High Banks hands down. No possible way will Belleville hurt The Dream in regards to quantity of spectators or quality of participants. I know very little of the group that is to promote the deal at The High Banks but when all the lore of the facility, track and the partying is peeled away Belleville compares quite favorably to Eldora, without the dust and glazing over and/or rubbering up of the track.

Racers are dumb. Look at all the cars that drove by Knoxville to get to Texas to chase the cash there! Arguably the 2nd most popular dirt track in the country and a race that use to mean something. Sure they complain about Texas but racers are also forgetful when you dangle money in front of them.

Soon, The Dream will be just like Knoxville Nationals, The Pittsburgher and others are now and just another 35 to 40 car Lucas Oil race.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    It is clearly obvious to all that the premier events staged at Eldora are going to get the most attention by teams and interested spectators, alike. But again, I've been to both tracks many times and when it comes to shear bad-ass Eldora takes a back seat to The High Banks hands down. No possible way will Belleville hurt The Dream in regards to quantity of spectators or quality of participants. I know very little of the group that is to promote the deal at The High Banks but when all the lore of the facility, track and the partying is peeled away Belleville compares quite favorably to Eldora, without the dust and glazing over and/or rubbering up of the track.
    Eldora will have the drivers, the prestige, the fans, the legacy, etc. I also know that FLO Racing will knock it out of the park with their broadcast. No knocks on Belleville, I've heard nothing but good things about it. Would love to experience the speed of the place one day. My gripe is with the XR crew and ring leader, and while Belleville doesn't hurt Eldora, there has to be some sort of level of respect for events such as the World, Dream, Knoxville, North/South, DTWC, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    Personally, I don't see a problem with it. As the previous poster indicated it will give drivers who were probably not going to Eldora anyway a chance to make some good money. Also, from a fan standpoint, it gives fans in that region who are not going to Eldora anyway, a good paying race to watch.
    You make a couple of very compelling points, fryefan.
    Eldora will have the drivers, the prestige, the fans, the legacy, etc. I also know that FLO Racing will knock it out of the park with their broadcast. No knocks on Belleville, I've heard nothing but good things about it. Would love to experience the speed of the place one day. My gripe is with the XR crew and ring leader, and while Belleville doesn't hurt Eldora, there has to be some sort of level of respect for events such as the World, Dream, Knoxville, North/South, DTWC, etc.
    My intent is not to demean the point you're making but if the tables were turned do you really believe Stewart would have the least bit of respect for any of the events you mentioned? The answer to that question is obvious.

As I said, I know nothing of the promotional group handling the Belleville event but if they can make a go of it then more power to them. I for one might just take a ride out to Kansas to attend this event since we've never witnessed dirt late models at The High Banks. It'll give us an opportunity and give us cause to spend time reuniting and hanging with friends from the Midget Nationals days!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    Soon, The Dream will be just like Knoxville Nationals, The Pittsburgher and others are now and just another 35 to 40 car Lucas Oil race.
    Did I miss something or are you pulling a major line out of your back side? Please, step away from the bottle.....

Quote Originally Posted by Action10 View Post
    Did I miss something or are you pulling a major line out of your back side? Please, step away from the bottle.....
    It's well known that white boy is an extreme over exaggerator.

The fact that the press release include the statement that they expect to attract the biggest late model drivers in the country tells me someone is butt hurt. XR wouldn't even let Flo/DoD show a race recap on their site like they do for every other big LM race in the country. I don't know the back story but the scheduling almost seems intentional. I agree with the other posters that its far enough away where not a big deal but someone definitely wants to cause a stir.

It's well known that white boy is an extreme over exaggerator.
    How so? Debate me!!!!

The Dream had 63 cars this year (another big race with declining car count). Take a dozen away its down to 50 which is possible when XR does what they do, it makes someone else down south say yea I can do that too, Im putting up 20k to win and so on. Take 20 cars away which is very possible and its just another race in the world of Dirt Late Models that happens to pay 6 figures. Remember, 6 figures used to be a big deal but its really not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by LM1 View Post
    The fact that the press release include the statement that they expect to attract the biggest late model drivers in the country tells me someone is butt hurt. XR wouldn't even let Flo/DoD show a race recap on their site like they do for every other big LM race in the country. I don't know the back story but the scheduling almost seems intentional. I agree with the other posters that its far enough away where not a big deal but someone definitely wants to cause a stir.
    Of course its intentional! As was putting 50k against Knoxville. And 50k against Brownstown.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty-white-boy View Post
    How so? Debate me!!!!

The Dream had 63 cars this year (another big race with declining car count). Take a dozen away its down to 50 which is possible when XR does what they do, it makes someone else down south say yea I can do that too, Im putting up 20k to win and so on. Take 20 cars away which is very possible and its just another race in the world of Dirt Late Models that happens to pay 6 figures. Remember, 6 figures used to be a big deal but its really not anymore.

Of course its intentional! As was putting 50k against Knoxville. And 50k against Brownstown.

The car counts were down at Eldora because some teams did not want to be there for 4 days. Add in the tire problems, etc and you have what you have. Next season, I'd imagine it'll go back to 3 days and the car count to what it was two years ago.

The XR event isn't going to pull more than 3-4 cars away from Eldora. That event will be made up of Kansas/Missouri/Oklahoma/Nebraska drivers that weren't going to Eldora in the first place. There's your debate.

The car counts were down at Eldora because some teams did not want to be there for 4 days. Add in the tire problems, etc and you have what you have. Next season, I'd imagine it'll go back to 3 days and the car count to what it was two years ago.

The XR event isn't going to pull more than 3-4 cars away from Eldora. That event will be made up of Kansas/Missouri/Oklahoma/Nebraska drivers that weren't going to Eldora in the first place. There's your debate.
    I got a Benjamin and a Florence Watertower bobble head that says you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Has Belleville ever run a LM event?