Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    You hit the nail squarely on the head. If it were an hour or two from Eldora, then that is a different issue. There are more than enough cars and fans to support both events.
    I agree if it was closer to Eldora someone would probably be losing money and it wouldn't be Eldora.

What is the racing background of Barry Braun the owner of X.CELLERATED, does anyone know?

It's his money and his backers to loose if they do. I'm all for new events and opportunities. Agreed that if this was just a couple of hours away, then it'd be a much bigger issue. Not real sure why this is such a big issue. Eldora is going to be just fine fan wise. We all know in this day and age it doesn't matter if 20, 50, or 100 cars show up to the dream. Once they unload only 5-8 teams have a legit shot of winning. The last "Surprise" winner IMO would be either Erb Jr. or Casebolt back in 07.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    What is the racing background of Barry Braun the owner of X.CELLERATED, does anyone know?
    Professional Swindler

Looks like they changed the Texas dates next year so won't be same weekend as Knoxville.

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    That 2022 schedule that Nathan put up for that group is pretty impressive if they truly have the backing for it. The surprise track, at least to me, is little old Stuart in Iowa. Been there a few times and really enjoyed the joint but can't quite fathom how that one made their schedule. Big bucks going to some other pretty talented teams that aren't the tried and true superstars of DLM can't be a bad thing. Most of us have been to a shocker or several where an underfunded surprise stood in victory circle and thoroughly enjoyed their day in the spotlight. Doubt that many fans can say they didn't enjoy it as well. Hope and, often, unrealistic dreams are what keep many of us going. It's the old David and Goliath thing.
    Stuart is owned by Mike Van Genderen who has been an instrumental part of the XR team. He is a master at acquiring sponsors, my guess is he has it figured out. The dates for the four days changed from when this was originally announced. For sure, it is an aggressive idea.

I won’t comment on an XR agenda or anything like that because I don’t know. Living an hour from Texas Motor Speedway, I was pretty excited to have some good dirt late model racing close to home. Having said that, the TMS show last month was very disappointing. (That has already been documented.)

I heard about the tire rules being changed on the fly. Combine that with the tire shortage, and you put additional stress on teams that traveled a long way to compete.

From a fan perspective, the SLM race format was sliced in half, so we didn’t get what was advertised. In the end, they only raced 30 laps for 50 grand. The track had so many laps on it all week, that it was junk 10 or 12 laps into the feature. Became a freight train after that.

That in itself is a recipe for not getting top talent to come back. Oh, and you are charging fans up to $5 for a bottle of water. I understand that’s likely not XR’s fault. But it all adds up to a lousy fan experience.

All I am saying is this: Do better! If you are going to put on a top-rate, high-paying show, do better. Drivers and fans won’t come back (especially to Texas) if you don’t get your act together.

Thumbs up

Just Announced on the XR Facebook page. - Same guy that ran the Bristol Dirt Nationals back in March of this year Barry Braun.

Las Vegas Dirt Nationals
    Full article in link below.

https://racexr.com/events/las-vegas-dirt-nationals/

Event to Feature Five Classes Brand New to the Desert Half-Mile Venue

LAS VEGAS (October 6, 2021) – X.CELERATED announces the inaugural Las Vegas Dirt Nationals event will take place on January 18-22, 2022 at The Dirt Track at Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

The five-day Las Vegas Dirt Nationals event will be headlined by the Open Modified class, which will utilize a similar ruleset Open Modifieds use at the Karl Kustoms Bristol Dirt Nationals at Bristol Motor Speedway. The acceptable rules packages include those from USRA, USMTS, WISSOTA or UMP Modified.

A hybrid Sprint Car class modeled after the Texas-based Bandits Outlaw Sprint Car Series will join the event as a supporting class along with the fan-favorite Dwarf Cars, West Coast Sport Compacts and Hobby Stocks.

After multiple attempts to hold a 2021 Spring event from The Dirt Track at Las Vegas Motor Speedway were derailed due to COVID-19 restrictions, XR Events is establishing this new annual event. The new Las Vegas Dirt Nationals will give Midwest racers a respite from the cold weather and new winter destination to kick off their racing seasons.

Full event details for the Las Vegas Dirt Nationals will be available soon. For event information, visit: www.lasvegasdirtnationals.com.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 10-06-2021 at 03:12 PM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Post #67

Why would Eldora have to pay more to win when they already pay more than half of what the other event will pay?
    2021 race count
    6 events

I've heard a few guys say they welcome the extra events. More chances and better odds of making money. Same thing with 2 National series.
    8/13/16

Eight nights in a row at Bristol? Good luck keeping cars

If Eldora REALLY wants to increase car counts, they’d be better off taking a Million and dividing it up through the field. The first one dropped from $1,000,000 to $50,000 for 2nd. That’s a 95% drop off in payout. Spread that through the field as only the same 6 - 8 teams are going to have a true shot at winning it.

The world 100 and the dream payouts are already the best in the sport, I don’t get the thinking on Eldora needing to pay more money

What I see is tracks that you need big HP to run up front. I don't see how teams can do it. Motor expenses are an issue for some teams after speedweeks in Florida. This will be interesting to see how many team owners are going to say we are off tour to save equipment for these big money shows. There is not enough top tier talent to be split 3 ways.

Bristol is not 8 nights in a row for Super LM's.

Lets keep it real, there is only 7 or 8 cars capable of winning the dream or world with the track in its current state. They did lay new clay down so we will see!

I guess posting facts about how a few other events have similar payouts throughout the field compared to the World will get your post deleted. I see my response to post #73 disappeared.
    2021 race count
    6 events

☝Must be a glitch in the system? Happens to me alot...
    Just re-post it...

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    There is not enough top tier talent to be split 3 ways.
    Be careful, people on here will start losing their minds about only going to see stars instead of quality racing... I agree with you and think that the current state of the WoO series shows that the top shelf talent is already thin on that tour.

The XR owner posted on FB to Keep your timelines open, adjustments coming. I think the Belleville date might be changing? Crazy as it is I think its very possible that they didn't even consider the Dream dates when they scheduled this.