Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The track closest to my house weekly runs 30 lap features. One guy, very good driver, always in great equipment, well back then they all pitted in the infield. Around lap 16 or 17, he would stop on the backstretch causing a yellow, then dip down to his pits and the crew would put on 4 stickers. Tagging the rear of the field after attrition he would normally restart in the top 8 or so, and sail on to pass his way around the others on used tires. We called it a Rayme yellow.

As far as the lucky dog rule, I think it should be renamed the Dirty Dog rule, as in a 100 lap race, a guy could conceivably run 99 laps and beat the guys that ran 100 laps.....never liked it, never will, period!
    Racenut Rambles on Facebook

It's the sleazy dog rule in my opinion.

Maybe Mr.E. could direct Schwalls to this thread. Certainly they stop at Micky McDs together while running up and down the highway.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerHarvickFan View Post
    it's ironic this was the Pittsburgher. I remember, I think 1993, Bloomquist got up out of the groove and stopped in turn 4. As soon as the caution came out, he dove in for a new RR tire. Came back and won the race.
    This has been going on forever. That was nearly 30 yrs ago.
    After the race he said, he knew what everybody was on, and that it wasn't the right tire, and he knew everybody would be changing tires, and he wanted to be the first.
    Bobby Pierce did the same thing a few years ago at the Pittsburgher.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I think these drivers are well aware of when it just mite be advantageous for them to bring that yellow out. Funny it usually happens were the flagman has a good view or the pit gatE is close by.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Bobby Pierce did the same thing a few years ago at the Pittsburgher.
    It's kind of funny how for as much as people claim that passing is so hard at PPMS that drivers passing the entire field there happens so often. Hartman passed the entire field too at the Pittsburgher several years ago.