Default DTWC 1st visit - any suggestions

Looks like I'm finally able to attend the DTWC! Looking for advice from the experienced, what hotels to stay or are there track showers, where to sit, food recommendations, etc.. Im trusting a two-day pit pass is the right way to go. Thanks in advance.

My advice is don't expect much from a racing quality perspective! The Port City Cafe and the Portsmouth Brewing Company downtown have good food.

Definitely go to The Ribber! Weekend pass is definitely way to go, if not able to camp might be hard to get a hotel close. You could try Super 8 in Portsmoutn

I would imagine most hotels close are booked so I’m not sure I can help there. There’s plenty of good food options in or near Portsmouth, we have enjoyed the Portsmouth Brewery, Patties and Pints, The Ribber, and others.

Racing isn’t always great but the crisp fall air is nice with great views from the track. We enjoy going.

There's not really a bad seat in the house but where ever you sit be prepared to be covered in dirt.....one of the dustiest tracks in the area. Make sure you have eye protection!!!

Take a bandana and as the poster above stated, take some type of eye protection

Definitely hit up the ribber. The ribber is kind of small inside, they were adding on awhile back to add more seating, but i dont think they have it done yet. The buckeye dairy bar just up the road has some pretty good bean, and a putt putt golf course. Go check out the flood wall, if youre into murals or kind of stuff. Its literally 5 mins from the race track.

If you’re waiting till now to get a hotel yeah you’ll be very limited on choices and the ones you can get probably are going to be crappy. That Holiday Inn right in town is real nice and a lot of drivers stay there.

BW’s a good place for drinks etc. As well as everywhere else everyone has mentioned. Great location for a track, great views. Just racing can be hit or miss. The very thing ya don’t want, rain, is usually your best friend there to keep it from locking down.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

We decided to go last year sorta at the last minute and found a couple of rooms in Wheelersburg ,,, hope that helps a little.

If the trailer that sells pork chop sammiches is at the track, I highly recommend trying one of those!!

Quote Originally Posted by upaginit in North GA View Post
    If the trailer that sells pork chop sammiches is at the track, I highly recommend trying one of those!!
    I haven't seen Steve Boylan all year, not even at Eldora, so I have no idea what's going on with him.

He has been to PRP a couple times this year for the other lucas races they have ran.

The Portsmouth brewery and the rubber are the best food in town hands down. As far as hotels, check the Shawnee lodge, there’s some hotels in rose mount, wheelersburg, piketon, and Ashland isn’t really that far away maybe 35 minutes. PRP isn’t as dusty as it used to be but you never know. If you sit on the backstretch, yes you’ll get covered because it’s right up on the track. Formerly 71PRPFan

Forgot about the Shawnee Lodge. We stayed there one year, awesome place.

He wasn't there labor day weekend when Lucas was there zyoung.

Rose mount was alright when I stayed there.