Thread: FALS Seating

Default FALS Seating

I have tried to watch every race from FALS that has been shown on Flo this year and have really enjoyed the close nit racing. Having never been there in person, I have a stupid question. Other than the PDC which is obviously packed to the gills, why does it seem most of the fans sit in the "back stretch" instead of the covered stands on the front stretch? At most other tracks that have both front and back stretch seating, the fans gravitate toward the start/finish line. Are there more amenities in the back?
    Last edited by BTExpress; 10-10-2021 at 08:38 AM.

There is a Horse Track between the race track and covered stands on the front stretch. You're a lot closer to the action on the back.

Lot of poles in your face in the coverd gs and you're alot closer to the action in the back stretch. The old covered gs sits back from the track alot further then on the back stretch. Way better view on the back stretch...

Thanks...never knew that about the horse track, you really cant see that on the Flo broadcasts, so it makes sense. I'd be in the back too!

Yea watching from front stretch is like watching on tv. All the drivers t shirt haulers and food vendors are usually on that side too. I’m surprised they haven’t ever moved flag stand to be honest
    Always carrying my 2 Crown Jewels

They need to rip down the entire front... flag stand, tower, and the old covered grand stand that they don't upkeep!

Put the newer bleachers that are on the east side of the covered gs closer to the track on the old horse track and add newer uncoverd bleachers along the front with new flag stand. Put tower up and above the new gs...

The few times I've been to Fals I sat on the front stretch most of the time. I would rather sit on the front stretch myself

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    The few times I've been to Fals I sat on the front stretch most of the time. I would rather sit on the front stretch myself
    Par for the course with you ! And you wonder why ?

Lol....................... ☝

The old time front grandstand probably needs redone, it the poop storm that would cause would be biblical. It’s kind of a landmark in the town. Which I get....but it needs at the very least updated.

The reason I like sitting on the front stretch is brings back old memories of the 60's and 70's for me.

No horse races in over a decade. The state used to pay good money to host the races on the big half miles. Without this cash, no reason to not utilize said land.
    No top flight entertainment acts since the 60's maybe early 70's. I understand your grandmother got engaged in the grandstands while listening to Guy Lombardo, but this place is about racing now. Other than parking, the front stretch albatross is their one big drawback.
    I wouldn't attend if I had to sit on the front stretch. Pit bleachers are a better choice.