Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rome????

Default Rome????

Why have the LOLMDS come to your track & then run 800 classes on a Sunday night. Not to mention, delaying the broadcast to complete track prep, run hot laps for all support classes before the LOLMDS even hits the track. THAT IS INSANELY STUPID!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 0_VodooChild_0 View Post
    Why have the LOLMDS come to your track & then run 800 classes on a Sunday night. Not to mention, delaying the broadcast to complete track prep, run hot laps for all support classes before the LOLMDS even hits the track. THAT IS INSANELY STUPID!!!!
    At least MavTV works tonight!!

Thumbs up

According to Dirt On Dirt the car count for LOLMDS is 26 Super Late Models.

Tracks down south - Run 9 classes and 3 variations of 3 types of cars
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

And yet it’s 8:45 and the feature lineup is set.

Starting all 26 cars
    2021 race count
    6 events

Tracks down south blow. If ya'll can think of a name for a class of cars, there going to have them. I've been to a few and I've sat and waited. SLM heats starting at 10:06 was a frigin joke. It finally bit them in the nuts because woo said no more race for you. If you want to have 60 4 cylinders that's fine, but get your headline division out at a decent time. Oh no, we have hot dogs and coffee to sell.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Tracks down south blow. If ya'll can think of a name for a class of cars, there going to have them. I've been to a few and I've sat and waited. SLM heats starting at 10:06 was a frigin joke. It finally bit them in the nuts because woo said no more race for you. If you want to have 60 4 cylinders that's fine, but get your headline division out at a decent time. Oh no, we have hot dogs and coffee to sell.

Hey, I've got an idea... stay up north then! I didn't see a "friggin joke" at all last night. The racing wasnt phenomenal, but it wasnt terrible by any means. I live a little over an hour from the track, and pulled in to my driveway at 10:55 pm, having seen 4 features, including the LOLMDS feature. And if drivers (LOLMDS) hadnt kept causing cautions to pit, it would've been even earlier than that!

Certainly no complaints from me on the time or efficiency of the show, and I was actually there, not sitting "up north" in my recliner. There also was not a seat to be had last night at Rome, nor Saturday at Dixie, so yeah seems like it really "bit them in the nuts"

"Tracks down south blow. If ya'll can think of a name for a class of cars, there going to have them. I've been to a few and I've sat and waited. SLM heats starting at 10:06 was a frigin joke. It finally bit them in the nuts because woo said no more race for you. If you want to have 60 4 cylinders that's fine, but get your headline division out at a decent time. Oh no, we have hot dogs and coffee to sell."

I agree 100%. I guess you get used to drawn out shows depending on where you live? I am fortunate that the tracks I attend as a fan, very rarely have more than three divisions, most of the time only one support division when a National Series comes to the area. Tracks like Port Royal, William Grove, Selinsgrove etc. I do not think the fans in Central Pa would tolerate watching Street Stocks time trial every week.

After subscribing to Flo I was excited to watch DLM races from tracks that I have never been to, especially many in the south. I can't tell you how many times I turned the races off after several hours because it was 10pm and they were just bringing the Supers out for either hot laps or time trials. (AND I WAS IN THE COMFORT OF MY OWN HOME, LET ALONE SITTING IN THE STANDS FOR HOURS ON END) The fans are paying good money to see the national series stars, not 87 different classes of cars, most of which look exactly the same to the average fan.
    Last edited by BTExpress; 10-11-2021 at 09:06 AM.

Delta and 75N are always ready when y’all are. Feel free to GTFO and never come back. With all due respect of course.

Have a great day.

I do agree that tracks down here in the south run WAY too many support classes. Will also give props to WoO for starting the "no more then 3" rule. I thought Rome did a great job though getting the LOLMDS feature done early and on time. I live an hour away from the track and pulled in at 11:05. Fans had the option to tough it out and watch the rest of the features or go ahead and leave. Though JD and Jimmy O put on a pretty good show up front. Davenport was in his own Zip code at Dixe though as no one had anything for him there.

Quote Originally Posted by weatherman85 View Post
    I do agree that tracks down here in the south run WAY too many support classes. Will also give props to WoO for starting the "no more then 3" rule. I thought Rome did a great job though getting the LOLMDS feature done early and on time. I live an hour away from the track and pulled in at 11:05. Fans had the option to tough it out and watch the rest of the features or go ahead and leave. Though JD and Jimmy O put on a pretty good show up front. Davenport was in his own Zip code at Dixe though as no one had anything for him there.
    what was the ticket price?

Default I 95

Runs north too B K …….I know, shocker right?

It’s amazing how many of em say how wonderful it is up there but can never find I 95 north once they make it below Virginia? Strange for sure.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox28 View Post
    what was the ticket price?
    $25 for the stands

I’d rather watch a front wheel drive race than 30 minutes of driver intros & f ucking 4-wide salutes any day

I’ve seen some really good fwd races over the last 5 years….at a bunch of different tracks.

Driver intros and 4 wide stuff I’m in complete agreement with though, kinda tired.

BBQ did you ever go to Shelby Fairgrounds before it closed last time? FWD best class there ran last & nobody left until it was over. Also less than a mile from Bridges’ BBQ!

Unfortunately no, but have heard good things about both……

I will say one thing noticed from afar is too many of basically same division. Supers, 2 crates, steel block, limited, etc. Eliminate the crate crap and they'll spend money to run supers or something causing other classes to grow then you'll start getting 4 full classes per night. Crates are killing late model racing

Bk is correct…..the casual fan that just likes to catch a race or two can’t tell the difference in a crate,llm etc. late model.
    I took a couple newbies to the track a while back and they had no idea what was going on with the late model classes…..

I will never understand why Dixie and Rome still has what they call "Econo Bomber" when to the casual fan it is just another late model class.