Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rome????

As someone who grew up watching racing in Indiana and Illinois, but now lives in North Carolina, I do get frustrated at many of the racing programs down here. I don't mind support classes at all. But it confuses me why they have three classes of stock cars with only a handful of cars in each class, but each class is very close to the same. I would like to see them combine the classes to get full fields of cars. The other thing that bothers me is the general format for weekly and regional shows. They like to qualify every car of every class and then not run heat races, just run b-mains for those outside the top whatever in qualifying, then run a feature. I feel like that just devalues the show when you don't get to see the fast guys on track as much.
    And not every track down here is quick about the program. I have been to many tracks and had to leave before even seeing a feature because it's close to midnight and I work Sundays.
    To each their own, and I like all forms of racing, but I can definitely see some areas that could be improved.

Rome has lost their Lucas show for 2022

I can remember going to Rome in the late 70s and it would be standing room only on a regular Sunday night race I would stand up to watch the races it's all about who is running the place.

Quote Originally Posted by 0_VodooChild_0 View Post
    Why have the LOLMDS come to your track & then run 800 classes on a Sunday night. Not to mention, delaying the broadcast to complete track prep, run hot laps for all support classes before the LOLMDS even hits the track. THAT IS INSANELY STUPID!!!!
    Name of the game and looks like ya ruffled some feathers. Still don’t make it not true. Because it is. But they are making a profit and running the joint on the back gate. Some tracks get it right down South, most don’t. Is what it is. Whatever trips your trigger. And nine time outta 10 ya got around 10-15 cars in three divisions that look identical.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.