Default Metric front end toe issues

I recently had to switch from the improved geometry center link to a stock metric centerlink to make the car legal at a couple tracks I go to. I replaced everything with stock 78-88 metric parts. Inner and outer tie rods, center link and idler arm. With the steering centered, the left side is even and the RF is Toed out 2”. Both tie rods are 18” long and screwed all the way in. No more adjustment. Is it common to have to cut/shorten each side? I figured with all stock parts I shouldn’t have to cut anything. I checked two different RF spindles with a spindle Checker and each one was good and had the exact same toe out on RF. I wanted to make sure I’m not over looking something before I cut the Inner tie rods. Then the RF assembly will be a good bit shorter than the LF and was wondering if that will cause more issues.

Part of shortening of rs can be attributed to the camber you should be running.
    Also, it is likely the ride height you are using is significantly lower than the street height normally seen. The stock camber and caster at stock ride heights mitigates a lot of the bump steer you likely see.
    Check the rubber bushings, if you are still using them. The holes in the frame on the lowers also like to slot out.

There is a reason for the "improved geometry" pieces, and movement to the pinto spindles. The stock pieces leave a lot to be desired for what we want to do with them.
    Last edited by 95shaw; 10-13-2021 at 08:55 PM.

Did you get it all from local parts store?
    Gen 3 camaro drag link is being sold as an improved geometry center link for the GM metric cars.
    That will move the right inner tie rod location out about 2" to put tie rod more in line with lower a arm bolt location to improve bump steer.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAddDirt View Post
    Did you get it all from local parts store?
    Gen 3 camaro drag link is being sold as an improved geometry center link for the GM metric cars.
    That will move the right inner tie rod location out about 2" to put tie rod more in line with lower a arm bolt location to improve bump steer.
    Do you even read peoples posts? 14 years of you posting nonsense on here.

The guy took off the camaro centerlink....

Default stock car driver

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Do you even read peoples posts? 14 years of you posting nonsense on here.

The guy took off the camaro centerlink....
    Well his post said improved Geometry Metric Center link, so I was Assuming it was the Camaro. So I explained to him that it will move the right tie rod location just like he was asking.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAddDirt View Post
    Well his post said improved Geometry Metric Center link, so I was Assuming it was the Camaro. So I explained to him that it will move the right tie rod location just like he was asking.
    Read the first line dummy. Seriously why do you post on here?

"I recently had to switch from the improved geometry center link to a stock metric centerlink to make the car legal at a couple tracks"