Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Late_Model_Mark View Post
    Jim11h- you are dead wrong.

Dirtcrazy4u, did you forger about Crate Racin USA dude?

You folks slay me sometimes who have no knowledge of race track dynamics.

Late Model Mark
    Talladega Short Track Announcer
    I got a good idea. Guy cant win in 604. He lobbies for 602 class to try his luck there.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

The American All-Star Series is an up and coming crate touring series and their rules still allow a 602 with a weight reduction to compete with 604's. I'm not sure many run a 602 with the series, but they have that option. I run crates myself and personally think just having one crate class would be fine. 602 stuff has migrated to non-adj. shocks mostly, but seperating that class wasn't what needed to be done.

Well what needs to happen is you have got to cut out classes I agree 1 crate class is enough but you can't run 8 to 10 classes and pay them a decent purse all you got then is a wore out race track if you run 3 or 4 classes you can pay good money and draw more cars in each class and have a good track and if needed you can rotate classes from week to week and you get done at a decent time this day and time if your going to draw a crowd you better put on a show.

Watch it 3 wide, don't let the promotors think they can actually make money by putting on a quality program in a timely manner....Upsets the 'I need the back gate to pay the purse' mentality that has brought all these classes on. Next thing you know people will be talking about the great time they had at the track, bringing friends and family etc.

If you really want to draw guys to super late models again. Do away with the extreme top heavy purses, do away with the out of control aero, and affordable shock package rules!

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    If you really want to draw guys to super late models again. Do away with the extreme top heavy purses, do away with the out of control aero, and affordable shock package rules!
    Bingo! We have a winner....

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    Dont say that about top heavy purses, Pennsboro32 will jump your sh!t about it!

I agree with 427c.i. I have been saying this for years. Why must promoters have a big show and run five classes? I was at Clarksville last year and they ran five classes for the Summer Nats. Add to that some classes had two cars! Lincoln, IL did the same thing this year for the Summer Nats. Then had a few crates run with the supers. ok, chase the supers. But I think I lean towards just having one class.

Most fans cannot tell the difference in these classes. It seems simple in my mind. Choose three classes of the following for a regular night and fans will come. A. Open lates. B. Crates or Limited. C. Mods (only one class) D. Sportsmen -- should they be Crates by now??? E. Hornets or Kid Mods