Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dtwc safety

Default dtwc safety

Someone needs to get the kids waving flags off the fence while cars are on the track. It's cute till someone gets hurt. Could also confuse the divers.

Those kids have been there ALL YEAR doing that. You think the drivers are looking up there when they’re going 120mph? Karen

Snagger, Just because those kids have been doing it all year does not make it right from a safety stand point.

I see this at a few tracks. Never understood why the track would allow this under race conditions.
    Scott Kleindorfer

They’re not even on the fence. Theyre on the walkway behind the flag stand.

It serves no purpose other than parents can't control their kids. It's not playground. They were 1 to two feet off the fence. Looking from bleachers in turn one, the kids waving flags are blocking the view onto turn four.

As far as safety, the kids actually got hit with mud when drivers got close to fence and they jumped back. Then right back to the fence. In years past those would have been rocks.

These parents clearly don't care about their kids.

People don't pay good money for these premier events to watch kids playing.

Spank them with their little flags and find a baby sitter next time!!! hahaha
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

120 mph? Get real...
    2021 race count
    6 events

Default Snagger

And then when they sue and the track gets folded, who’s the Karen?

If it’s the same kid that goes to Atomic though, I will say, he’s good.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Now the bit**ING is about some young fan waving flags. If you ever watch, the kid is only doing what the guy in the flag stand is doing. Whats he hurting ? Absolutely nothing. How many Karens can you fit on the flag stand..

1. You don’t think LM get up to 120 on the straights? 3/8 mile at 14.6 seconds is an average of 93MPH, an AVERAGE. Ok maybe they only go 110. 2. Any race track assumes no liability as soon as you step through the gate. Also any real fan knows you can get hit with a rock sitting in the top row. The kid isn’t waving his flag through the fence and sticking his hands out. I’ve sat directly behind him 5 times this year and he just mimicks what Randy does. And he’s actually good at it, I’m not sure if it’s the same kid I saw doing it atomic. If someone did want to sue the track, the Coleman’s have more than enough money to do what they want. PRP will NEVER fold unless the state buys them out to do something with the scioto River. 3. As if y’all out of towners don’t bitch enough about Portsmouth, you’re picking on like a ten year old boy whose at the races EVERY WEEKEND. I’m sure his parents have spent more money bringing him and their kids to the track all year than your little DTWC hobo village get away. Sit back and don’t worry about what other people are doing. The kid gets into it and is fun to watch.

Snagger I agree if the parents and the track officials are ok with it I don't know why anyone else isn't. Plus like you said he is taking interest in racing which you don't see as much as you used to.

120 lol......
    2021 race count
    6 events

I'm not an out of towner. I've been going there over 20 years. I doubt they spent more money at that track than me. I doubt the insurance company would find these kids very cute. The insurance company could 100% shut them down.

I'm not the only one that finds it annoying, I'm just the only one that will say anything. I just hate to see anyone get hurt. I don't want to see the track shut down, I enjoy the place.

One bad wreck or flip on the frontstretch could really throw debris into the fence, it has happened several times, I think Boggs flipped there one time.

Just let the kids wave their flag from the stands.

Does anyone really not care about these kids? wow

Quote Originally Posted by mskdorf View Post
    I see this at a few tracks. Never understood why the track would allow this under race conditions.
    Agreed.

It is sad that track officials have to "parent" kids at racetracks. A lot of "parents" take their kids to the races and start drinking and never pay any attention to the kids throughout the night.

With that being said, there are a lot of other parents who actually parent their kids and set good examples for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberwhip View Post
    It serves no purpose other than parents can't control their kids. It's not playground. They were 1 to two feet off the fence. Looking from bleachers in turn one, the kids waving flags are blocking the view onto turn four.

As far as safety, the kids actually got hit with mud when drivers got close to fence and they jumped back. Then right back to the fence. In years past those would have been rocks.

These parents clearly don't care about their kids.

People don't pay good money for these premier events to watch kids playing.
    You hit the nail on the head. There are a lot of "parents" that should not be parents.

Why don't you call the track or Carl Short and voice your concerns instead of on a chat forum??? Seems more logical to me.
    2021 race count
    6 events

[QUOTE=Cyberwhip;2414805]I'm not an out of towner. I've been going there over 20 years. I doubt they spent more money at that track than me. I doubt the insurance company would find these kids very cute. The insurance company could 100% shut them down.I'm not the only one that finds it annoying, I'm just the only one that will say anything. I just hate to see anyone get hurt. I don't want to see the track shut down, I enjoy the place.One bad wreck or flip on the frontstretch could really throw debris into the fence, it has happened several times, I think Boggs flipped there one time.Just let the kids wave their flag from the stands. If you put them in the stands the Karens would be bitching that they cant see the track through them...\\\\\\

You’re the only one who would say anything but you’re only man enough to get on 4m and post it instead of saying it to their parents I guess. And if you’ve been there all season why wait until now? The kid has been there literally all year. Turn 1 side of the flag stand is where they always sit.

“I just don’t want to see anyone get hurt” Posts it on 4m where probably less than 5% of fans in the country will ever see it, where more than 90% of 4m members have not and never will attend PRP.