Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dtwc safety

I seen mainly the one kid all year, Thursday there were 4 kids, then later there was another older person that seemed to think it was fine to just stand there and motion at drivers.

I thought it was only my opinion, until Thursday everyone (8 to 10 in our group) was talking about the race and the subject came up. So, I'll certainly mention it to track officials, but the local track officials already know those kids are there. I doubt Lucas Oil would allow it, that's the last thing they would want at their even, a kid hurt.

Talking to the parent, probably you, will do nothing, as you already don't care about your kids. All it does is result in a shouting match. It's not my job to police the track, I'll just mention it to the officials, they can decide if it's within reasonable safety policy to stand on the fence (children or adults) directly in front of the sign that clearly says no standing.

I have seen other tracks actually throw caution flags during the race for people standing at the fence. There was a track earlier this year that had many people hurt.

Default Snagger

Been to PRP. I’ve been there and it’s been great, plus I love the setting, and I’ve also seen my top 2 worst “race” ever there.

I really dunno why it has to be name calling. If your type is that kids parents, how’s that going to go? Solves nothing. And then you further prove the point by arguing how fast they go. Especially when PRP is heavy, they haul a$$.

One piece of debris is all it’ll take. And on the other hand, I’m with you, fuk it, they are just kids, they get hurt, oh well.

But this guy should take it up with the officials. I wouldn’t, not my problem. But I don’t see anything being done. Certain tracks will, others no. Guess I’d have to see it with my own eyes. Because the kid at Atomic, can be a flagman. And I enjoyed watching him, he was spot on. And hurting nothing.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I really don't know how anyone can say that these parents don't care about their kids. Do you know them? You're going to say because of this one thing they let their kids do means they don't care. Is it risky sure it is but, so is riding their bikes around town, riding dirt bikes, four wheelers, playing football we can go on and on but, doesn't mean they don't care.

I grew up waving flags near the fences, I would go home at the end of the night with the flags autographed by most drivers in attendance . I also took pictures through the wired fence. I’m still here, lived to tell the tall, and now am a huge dirt late model fan who brings my family to the races a few times a year. Nah let’s just send all the kids to there babysitters , that’ll solve it and help grow the future of dirt late model racing.

Title of the thread should’ve been “annoying kids at DTWC whose parents don’t love them”

Sounds like a bad Dr. Phil rerun.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????